Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last November the team was started just a few weeks before the cold set in what they do is hunt special never hunted lands out here on the East end , in the link i provided check out the Finds link amazing finds in a few short weeks by a few people , all the sites to hunt are legal by the owners the money generated by each hunt goes to the restoration of Historic sites :thumbsup:.
I cant wait until Spring for our first hunts :hello2: untouched virgin land fields meadows woods and beaches all private owned . Feel free to look over the link and HH Jim

http://www.artifactdetectingteam.com/Mission.html

scroll down to see the video in the above link or try this
[video=vimeo;13317613]http://vimeo.com/13317613[/video]

Finds link
http://www.artifactdetectingteam.com/Finds.html

Upvote 0

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I am finally a member of the Historic Metal Detecing team Video included

Wow, do I envy you guys. I would love to belong to your group. What a magnificent site to
hunt. To give back to the Historical Organization is fantastic and good PR for our hobby.

HH, Ringfinder
Bluffton, Ohio

augusthog

Aug 8, 2010
Colorado
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter big bud pro

Looks like a fun place! Congrats :headbang:

KRAZYHORSES

Aug 17, 2010

nice hope you have lot of finds to raise funds enjoy the hobby and spend some time for your own collection scott

diggin tennessee

Jun 26, 2010
athens, tennessee
Detector(s) used
white's and explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

congrats and keep up the good work

rosehill1550

Tenderfoot
Jan 25, 2011
Old Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer

Sounds like a great opportunity. I hope you are able to locate some interesting relics. I can see the original Southampton on a clear day from my hunting grounds here in the uk.
good luck with the project and HH.

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great video. Good Luck! "The Hogge" :icon_thumright:

Curious The George

Sep 4, 2008
East Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Metrotech
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If the people swinging detectors in the video don't slow down and lap their passes they are only covering about 10% of the area they are working. There is a lot more stuff being left than being recovered.

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Curious The George said:
If the people swinging detectors in the video don't slow down and lap their passes they are only covering about 10% of the area they are working. There is a lot more stuff being left than being recovered.
I noticed that also come Spring ill meet those guys and gals and watch iam sure most of the grounds will be covered if not ill find it with my Sov.GT no relic is safe hiding with that :icon_pirat: :thumbsup:

Curious The George

Sep 4, 2008
East Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Metrotech
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Deepdiger60 said:
Curious The George said:
I noticed that also come Spring ill meet those guys and gals and watch iam sure most of the grounds will be covered if not ill find it with my Sov.GT no relic is safe hiding with that :icon_pirat: :thumbsup:

Good luck hunting. As I see it that group has exclusive access to a lot of very good sites. I may misunderstand exclusive but that is the impression I get from the video presentation. If you don't have to worry about nighthawks or snipers on the properties you have no need to rush. Work those sites slow and easy and don't let anything get by. One way to show the difference is to go back to a place that they have "hunted" already.

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Curious The George said:
Deepdiger60 said:
Curious The George said:

Good luck hunting. As I see it that group has exclusive access to a lot of very good sites. I may misunderstand exclusive but that is the impression I get from the video presentation. If you don't have to worry about nighthawks or snipers on the properties you have no need to rush. Work those sites slow and easy and don't let anything get by. One way to show the difference is to go back to a place that they have "hunted" already.
Exactly i like to work a area in both directions north south and then east west so on so on much better chance of not missing much , and like you said these will be weekend hunts and there is no hurry we do have week day hunts also not as many people either wouldn't mind doing a entire field my self . :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CRUSADER said:
rosehill1550 said:
Sounds like a great opportunity. I hope you are able to locate some interesting relics. I can see the original Southampton on a clear day from my hunting grounds here in the uk.

Welcome to Tnet, your in a great spot :icon_thumright:

I agree on the great opportunity, its something the UK have done for many years, glad its catching on in the US. Both parties will learn & benefit :icon_thumright:
Ditto on that :thumbsup: there is 1 rule all must go by any American Indian Artifacts must be turned over to the Southampton Historical council anything else we can keep or turn over if we want Jim

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006
I did the first weekend hunt.It was a great time and a lot of real nice finds.The only issue was the planted winter grass was real high and made swinging in a lot areas very hard.I will do one of the hunts next spring for sure and being plowed farmland,new stuff will be brought up every season.

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LI Tom said:
I did the first weekend hunt.It was a great time and a lot of real nice finds.The only issue was the planted winter grass was real high and made swinging in a lot areas very hard.I will do one of the hunts next spring for sure and being plowed farmland,new stuff will be brought up every season.
That is good to hear Tom ill be seeing you in the Spring hopefully its a early one , looks like everyone did well Jim :icon_thumleft:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Deepdiger60 said:
CRUSADER said:
rosehill1550 said:

Welcome to Tnet, your in a great spot :icon_thumright:

I agree on the great opportunity, its something the UK have done for many years, glad its catching on in the US. Both parties will learn & benefit :icon_thumright:
Ditto on that :thumbsup: there is 1 rule all must go by any American Indian Artifacts must be turned over to the Southampton Historical council anything else we can keep or turn over if we want Jim

Well done video. So the Southhampton Historical society is more interested in the Indian artifacts than they are the early colonial history of the town? :icon_scratch: Sounds like a sweet deal to me.
Good luck. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions