CSA Block "I" & 2 Eagle Buttons, Picket Bullet, Guard Plate-Better Pic of Button

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
CSA Block "I" & 2 Eagle Buttons, Picket Bullet, Guard Plate-Better Pic of Button

With heavy rain forecast for tomorrow in Tennessee, Josh and I got in a 4 hour hunt this morning at the CSA Camp we have been hunting lately. We dug the relics in the first pic in an area no bigger than 50 yards long by 20 yards wide. We both dug a Burnside carbine bullet and assorted others. Josh got a nice Picket Bullet for a Country Rifle in the 2nd pic that one of Morgan's Men brought from home.
Josh dug the two Eagle buttons-one coat size and a cuff button. The cuff button shows some gold gilt remaining. I dug the brass saddle guard plate used to tie rawhide through the seat to secure the bedroll, etc..
I dug the Block "I' Confederate button with the iron back in the last pic. The back was rusty as usual but the brass front was solid. Josh got all excited. I promised Dman that I would call him and report what we found. He was in therapy when I called. The cell reception where we were left a little to be desired. He said "Did you say Confederate Block "I'? I said that it was. That's when the therapist got on the phone and said Dman had fallen off the table-LOL. Not the best example of a Block "I' but good CS buttons from an early war camp commanded by Gen. Morgan are very rare to recover.
On our hunt last week, I found a terrapin shell in the woods and sent it by Josh to his youngest daughter "Peyton". That's her with her shell in the 3rd pic.
Happy Hunting from Dman, Josh, and myself, Quindy.

Jan. 2011 CW Relics=33

Attachments

• CSA Camp with Josh 1-31--11.jpg
    CSA Camp with Josh 1-31--11.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 896
  • Josh\'s Bullets Picket Bullet in Middle 1-31-11.jpg
    Josh\'s Bullets Picket Bullet in Middle 1-31-11.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 905
  • Peyton.jpg
    Peyton.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 884
  • CSA Block I 1-31-2011.jpg
    CSA Block I 1-31-2011.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 352
Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: CSA Block "I" & 2 Eagle Buttons, Picket Bullet, Guard Plate, & Cutie with Shell

I gots to have one of those Picket's Quindy.....Still looking for my first :dontknow: The Block I is something else though :thumbsup: Great Dig's guy's !!!

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Re: CSA Block "I" & 2 Eagle Buttons, Picket Bullet, Guard Plate, & Cutie with Shell

Awesome Awesomer Awesomist! Congrats on the block I. You and Josh have pushed me to recover at a record pace. I hope to be out hunting by the weekend.
Dman

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Excellent finds Quindy and Josh, Confederate Infantry button would make a beautiful day. :thumbsup:

Can't wait to see what's next, Bill

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You seem to always pick up some CW relics whenever you go out ! I have to get down to where there was some action some day and give it a go ! I like the Block I button :thumbsup: MaineRelic

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That block I is awsome Quindy. We got 15-20 inches coming tomorrow and the next day. Keep us in your thought's when your out digging. 8)

billpa

Sep 12, 2010
Out Diggin Silver
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO,DFX DX-1, CLASSIC 111, Garrett pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Great digs.& a cutie with a shell :icon_thumright:

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

nice block I, congrats on an awesome find :hello2:

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow Quindy, you and Josh are on a hot spree, Nice block " I " , it would look real good along side of my Script " I "!!! What kind of reading did that button give you on the F-75? My Scripts came in around 40

I think that D at the bottom of the page is for Dman, Right :laughing7:

HH,Ringfinder

U

umrgolf

great button Quindy :headbang: :headbang: love to see those Conf. buttons

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

holeymoley.gif

Wow! :icon_pirat: What a super hunt, ya'll! 8) And that little Peyton is just a real cutie pie! You keep posting all this fantastic stuff, you'll have to bring the dozer to keep up with diggin' Burts holes for him. :D

Attachments

• holeymoley.gif
    holeymoley.gif
    20.5 KB · Views: 724

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Man,
There is no stopping the Tennessee Trio! :hello2: Well done guys. Leave some for me o.k. ;D
Even a CW ChuckE Cheese token will be fine. :laughing9:
-Dug-

Jun 17, 2010
Middle,Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Detectors used: Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Ace 250,Garrett Treasure-Ace 200(retired) with Garrett PRO-POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

super great finds!! :icon_thumright:

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other

Good stuff Quindy, I'm going to come visit you one day :laughing9:

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

ringfinder said:
Wow Quindy, you and Josh are on a hot spree, Nice block " I " , it would look real good along side of my Script " I "!!! What kind of reading did that button give you on the F-75? My Scripts came in around 40

I think that D at the bottom of the page is for Dman, Right :laughing7:

HH,Ringfinder
Denny, the display read a surprising 52-54 and I was expecting to dig a bullet. You got it-we tried to spell "Doug" with harness rings and got rained out-LOL. This is only the 3rd Block "I' known to have been found in that general area. The camp we hunted today was almost a mile from where I dug the A.V.C. button last Fall. HH, my friend.

diggervet

Dec 3, 2006
Mechanicsville, Va.
Detector(s) used
Deus XP/Nautilus 2B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

nice finds, keep at that site!

Bugsterx2

Jan 29, 2011
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug

Very impressive finds,especially the Block "I" button! Thanks for sharing.

Damon64

Bronze Member
Jul 10, 2008
Federal Way, WA
Detector(s) used
V3i, DFX, Beachhunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

"I like tuhtles!"

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Ronfrommichigan said:
Nice hunt. HH Ron
Thanks Ron. You look a little like Bruce Willis-LOL.
nova treasure said:
Excellent finds Quindy and Josh, Confederate Infantry button would make a beautiful day. :thumbsup:

Can't wait to see what's next, Bill
Bill, it was 3 hours into the hunt and both of us had walked over that spot several time where I dug the button at only 7 inches. That coil just has to go over a target just right. HH, Quindy.
MaineRelic said:
You seem to always pick up some CW relics whenever you go out ! I have to get down to where there was some action some day and give it a go ! I like the Block I button :thumbsup: MaineRelic
We have enjoyed a good January MR. That camp has been hunted hard but relic hunters probably gave up on the area we are hunting because of the high quantity of iron in the ground. Thanks.
mainer said:
That block I is awsome Quindy. We got 15-20 inches coming tomorrow and the next day. Keep us in your thought's when your out digging. 8)
Thanks Jesse. We go from 62 today for a high to 36 tomorrow. Stay warm.

billpa said:
Great digs.& a cutie with a shell :icon_thumright:
Thanks Bill and HH.
umrgolf said:
great button Quindy :headbang: :headbang: love to see those Conf. buttons
I appreciate it Jeff. Are you in Europe yet? I hope you don't visit Egypt. Q.
Nana40 said:
Wow! :icon_pirat: What a super hunt, ya'll! 8) And that little Peyton is just a real cutie pie! You keep posting all this fantastic stuff, you'll have to bring the dozer to keep up with diggin' Burts holes for him. :D
You are right Nana. He's about to bust to hunt. Thanks Southern Belle!!
ModernMiner said:
Man,
There is no stopping the Tennessee Trio! :hello2: Well done guys. Leave some for me o.k. ;D
Even a CW ChuckE Cheese token will be fine. :laughing9:
-Dug-
Hopefully MM, the trio can hunt together again soon. Quindy.
Tennessee Treasure Hunter said:
super great finds!! :icon_thumright:
Thanks TTH. You know first hand how much fun Morgan camps can be. HH, Quindy.
Hill Billy said:
Good stuff Quindy, I'm going to come visit you one day :laughing9:
HB, you had a pretty awesome hunting day yourself. I have never dug a LC. My best chance of nabbing one is Ebay-LOl. HH my friend, Quindy.
diggervet said:
nice finds, keep at that site!
DV, I thought we had pretty well got all the brass and lead out of there. A good rain may help getting deep signals that we may have missed. HH and thanks for looking.
Bugsterx2 said:
Very impressive finds,especially the Block "I" button! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for taking your time to reply Bugster and HH.
Damon64 said:
"I like tuhtles!"
They make good pets Damon because they don't eat much or make a mess. HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread