Plucked a Gold Victorian Cameo Ring from the sand Sunday... (Updated more pics)

fir469

Dec 18, 2007
Picked up this beautiful 10K or 12K (tested under 14K) Victorian Era (1880-1920) Cameo ring from about 5" down in the shell mulch sand on Sunday. Best part was it was located right smack in the middle of 3 previously dug holes by another MD'er. He was moving way too fast for this trash laden beach and passed it up along with a ton of other targets. They key is to just slow down, sometimes way down, keep that coil flat and persevere... HH all!!

Added more pics as requested, including one of the beauty that stole it from me lol...

Upvote 0

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
That is by far one of the best looking rings I have seen here. Absolutely splendid discovery. Please get that one checked out by a reputable dealer. I believe you have found something really really special. I am tossing in more than one Banner vote here. My wife looked at it and said Banner that sucker for sure. Awesome find and congrats. Looking forward to seeing it up top and seeing what the verdict is on the value. I think its worth a buck :tongue3: $$$$$$$ Nice, very nice. jgas

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Awesome. Unique, rare and beautiful. Got my Banner vote.

bootyhoundpa

Oct 1, 2010
Detector(s) used
excal-1000,sov-gt,5900di-pro,gta-1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i had a feeling that 1st pic wasnt doing that ring justice... those updated pics show the true beauty.. that ring is gonna look real good up on the BANNER......

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Jason you got my vote for banner that's one great ring to come off the beach. Not too many can say they have done that. Great job!

OP
OP
F

fir469

Dec 18, 2007
Re: Plucked a Gold Victorian Cameo Ring from the sand Sunday... (Updated more pi

can't truly say enough how grateful I am for all your kind comments!! I'm gonna go see a few jewelers this weekend to get it appraised and possibly restored. I'm mainly a old coin and relic hunter but the frozen ground and snow has chased me to the beach recently. This is actually my first gold from the beach, so I'm thrilled it's a good one! I've found a ton of silver from the beaches but no gold. I guess i hafta thank old man winter for shutting down my normal hunting grounds!! Thanks again guys!!!

-Jason

OP
OP
F

fir469

Dec 18, 2007
Re: Plucked a Gold Victorian Cameo Ring from the sand Sunday... (Updated more pi

And for those who it will help, it sounded a lot like a .22 shell casing, that choppy foil sound on my Sovereign. Dug like 5 .22 casings that day, a thin well worn Merc, like 80 cents in clad and a TON of misc trash, brass copper and tabs.

Bulldog1948

Jan 2, 2011
SE Ohio
Detector(s) used
GC 1036- Gold Digger
It is absolutely beautiful. :icon_thumleft: You did an excellent job of cleaning it. I've never seen such a stunning cameo before; probably one of a kind.
I vote banner on this also. I hope that I have enough posts to do so.
Bulldog1948 [ snowy,icey,cold & miserable Ohio][ :help:

eagleforce

Mar 15, 2010
California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet gold ring there. Ya, those guys need to slow way down to get the goods :wink:

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the banner :hello2: Well deserved :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions