detecting in the southern california forest with my e-trac hits gold twice!

pistol perfect

Feb 7, 2008
southern california
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug pro
Let me just start like this... I purchased an e-trac about 2 weeks ago and pulled my hair out the first day! I did not understand the machine at all! I have owned whites machines my entire 3 years detecting. I did not like the e-trac so I put it in the closet for a few days and kept on detecting with my prizm and mxt. I then read on a thread post when learning a minelab machine you need to lock your other detectors in a closet and forget about them for 6 months! so I got the e-trac back out and started watching youtube videos and learning! so I was in the forest detecting a hillside digging every sharp and repeating signal. in 2 hours I only dug about 1 dollar in clad and lots of trash! Then I got a signal that hit on the far left side of the screen on the e-trac. I started moving some dirt around with my pinpointer and noticed it was just a gum wrapper 1/2 inch down. I started detecting again and got the same signal that hits on the left side of the screen. 1 foot away from the gum wrapper. I was thinking about not investigating it but I did for some reason? I just moved the top surface dirt away with the tip of my hand shovel and seen a chrome looking ring I cleaned it with my hands and seen the 10k stamp. I was pretty excited! 6 feet away I get the same signal! I just moved the top of the dirt away maybe 1 inch and found its matching twin! with same stamp! I could not believe it!!!! I have no idea how they got in a forest must have been from people playing in the snow??? it was right next to a nature trail so who knows??? I sure do love this e-trac now!! I have a lot to learn still and I do believe it was luck!!!!

Attachments

• Picture 645.jpg
    Picture 645.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 2,203
  • Picture 659.jpg
    Picture 659.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 1,369
  • Picture 639.jpg
    Picture 639.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 1,293
  • Picture 635.jpg
    Picture 635.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 1,322
  • Picture 636.jpg
    Picture 636.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,293
  • Picture 642.jpg
    Picture 642.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 1,296
  • Picture 644.jpg
    Picture 644.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,299
  • Picture 656.jpg
    Picture 656.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,296
  • Picture 647.jpg
    Picture 647.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 1,319
Upvote 0

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on the rings. Now you got a nice wedding set.....Matt

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
Nice find, congratulations.
Also thanks for having a camera along so you can share the good news with the
rest of us.
Rich

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread