detecting in the southern california forest with my e-trac hits gold twice!

pistol perfect

Feb 7, 2008
southern california
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug pro
Let me just start like this... I purchased an e-trac about 2 weeks ago and pulled my hair out the first day! I did not understand the machine at all! I have owned whites machines my entire 3 years detecting. I did not like the e-trac so I put it in the closet for a few days and kept on detecting with my prizm and mxt. I then read on a thread post when learning a minelab machine you need to lock your other detectors in a closet and forget about them for 6 months! so I got the e-trac back out and started watching youtube videos and learning! so I was in the forest detecting a hillside digging every sharp and repeating signal. in 2 hours I only dug about 1 dollar in clad and lots of trash! Then I got a signal that hit on the far left side of the screen on the e-trac. I started moving some dirt around with my pinpointer and noticed it was just a gum wrapper 1/2 inch down. I started detecting again and got the same signal that hits on the left side of the screen. 1 foot away from the gum wrapper. I was thinking about not investigating it but I did for some reason? I just moved the top surface dirt away with the tip of my hand shovel and seen a chrome looking ring I cleaned it with my hands and seen the 10k stamp. I was pretty excited! 6 feet away I get the same signal! I just moved the top of the dirt away maybe 1 inch and found its matching twin! with same stamp! I could not believe it!!!! I have no idea how they got in a forest must have been from people playing in the snow??? it was right next to a nature trail so who knows??? I sure do love this e-trac now!! I have a lot to learn still and I do believe it was luck!!!!

Attachments

• Picture 645.jpg
    Picture 645.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 2,202
  • Picture 659.jpg
    Picture 659.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 1,368
  • Picture 639.jpg
    Picture 639.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 1,292
  • Picture 635.jpg
    Picture 635.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 1,321
  • Picture 636.jpg
    Picture 636.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,292
  • Picture 642.jpg
    Picture 642.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 1,295
  • Picture 644.jpg
    Picture 644.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,298
  • Picture 656.jpg
    Picture 656.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,295
  • Picture 647.jpg
    Picture 647.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 1,318
Upvote 0

Shark27

Aug 5, 2010
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 50 & Garrett Pro Pointer
Awesome Finds! Forest hunting in So Cal, nice.

Shark27

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Exquisite recovery! Luck or no, you did good!!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet love the Gold!!! It took a little bit to see one in the first pic Chug And Red!!! Congrats on the Set !!!!! ;D ;D ;D :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
It looks to be a matching engagement/wedding set! Most excellent! You can never go wrong digging all the signals, there are too many variables involved with the items, soil, mineralization, moisture, postions, ect to just assume that we can tune our machines to accept only "the good stuff". No machine is that accurate, dig all signals. You two-ring find proves that! :thumbsup:

eagleforce

Mar 15, 2010
California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft:Wow , that's crazy way up there in the mountains. Good stuff can be anywhere! Keep on diggin!

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
There has to be one unhappy lady running around. Congrats on the New Detector and a nice set of 10K rings.

HH

chkn

Apr 12, 2010
Well it's interesting you found an old thimble, any signs of an old homestead? How odd to find the set way out there. Do you think it's old? :coffee2:

OP
OP
pistol perfect

pistol perfect

Feb 7, 2008
southern california
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug pro
chkn said:
Well it's interesting you found an old thimble, any signs of an old homestead? How odd to find the set way out there. Do you think it's old? :coffee2:

its a old shotgun shell. It looks like a thimble though!!

MKnTenn

Jul 30, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats awesome, I almost didn't dig a pulltab signal once, went back dug it and it was a nice gold band. HH

snake pit

Dec 15, 2009
kentucky
Detector(s) used
whites eagle spectrum
nice rings
what year are the coins, and what is that big circular thing besides the old shotgun shot. :headbang: :icon_thumright:

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Cap'n Crunch said:
It looks to be a matching engagement/wedding set! Most excellent! You can never go wrong digging all the signals, there are too many variables involved with the items, soil, mineralization, moisture, postions, ect to just assume that we can tune our machines to accept only "the good stuff". No machine is that accurate, dig all signals. You two-ring find proves that! :thumbsup:
I was going to say the exact same thing as what is Hightlighted above

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250
Now that is a great way to break in a new machine. Congrats on the set. :icon_thumright:

augusthog

Aug 8, 2010
Colorado
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter big bud pro
Cap'n Crunch said:
I agree with the good Captian!
Groovy golds ya got there :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread