Ring #10-18K, 16 diamonds, an Emerald, and a Pot Leaf?

augusthog

Aug 8, 2010
Colorado
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter big bud pro
Its still chilly out, but I have to go back into town and pick up the wifes prescription. Of course I dress warm, but like the dummy I am I forget the camera.
The script goes off without any problems. Its cold and blowey out, but I got time now so I hit the park across the street. Wasn't expecting much as this park gets hit by everybody and their brother, including me.
I hit 3 quarters, 1 quarter, 3 more quarters, a dime and then a BIG signal! A double honker thats in the gold range. I'm thinking necklass, chain, something big? Or just a chopped up pop can?
Taking care not to damage it in case it IS something good I dig wide around the spot. I pull out a nice, dry plug and brake it open. This side shows nothing , the other side OHMYGOD!!! :o
And I don't have my camera! I'm stareing at an obvious ring! A BIG one. :hello2: And its got a nice Gold color! I opened it up slightly and I see diamonds? And a green Emerald? And a Pot leaf? WTF have I got here??? Man I wanted to rip it apart right there, but I want pictures of this baby.
Yup, the weather is blowing in, starting to snow so I put the dirt clod in my coat pocket and hop in the Scubie-doo and head home with my heart pounding and my mind racing.
At home I show the wife and g-kid! Their jaws hit the ground. I take some pics, I open it up and can see yep, its got what look like diamonds :headbang:. And maybe an emerald? :headbang: Wow, I'm freakin now. I free it completly from it's confines and slip it on my size 12 finger. It fits like a glove, er ring. It's a size 12.
OK, lets not get to excited here. Not yet. I clean the inside part and yup, theres small numbers there. The excitment level jumps. I get my pocket magnifier and have a look. 18K. !!! :headbang: Ummmm, 18 K GP. AAAAHHHH! GOLD PLATED? Are the stones real? Is the emerald real? Is it just a chunk o junk? :dontknow:
Well, I guess I'll have to take it in and have it looked at by a jewler to find out for sure. But it is by far the GROOVYEST ring I've ever found, lol. Stay tuned, Same bat time, same bat channel.

Attachments

• P1161049.JPG
    P1161049.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 978
  • P1161050.JPG
    P1161050.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,004
  • P1161051.JPG
    P1161051.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 975
  • P1161052.JPG
    P1161052.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 970
  • P1161055.JPG
    P1161055.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 959
  • P1161056.JPG
    P1161056.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 961
  • P1161059.JPG
    P1161059.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 966
  • P1161061.JPG
    P1161061.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 964
  • P1161063.JPG
    P1161063.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 976
  • P1161058.JPG
    P1161058.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,029
Upvote 0

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice ring find buddy! :o
I'd take that to a jeweller and get it appraised! :notworthy:

Dave

Yard Digger

Dec 20, 2009
Manila, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 with Bounty Hunter Headphones and TX-2002 Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold Plated or not, It's a beautiful ring. Nice Find!
Y. D.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice ring! congrats

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on finding the Mary jane ring!!! red said that the green stone might be a peridot!! sorry about the GP Your getting closer!!!! Wish I could be there for your first Gold find!!! Chug

Bank Runner

Jan 10, 2009
Chug and Red said:
Congrats on finding the Mary jane ring!!! red said that the green stone might be a peridot!! sorry about the GP Your getting closer!!!! Wish I could be there for your first Gold find!!! Chug

I agree with Red, if the stone is natural it is a peridot. It doesn't look like emerald to me. Still a good find. :icon_thumright:

eagleforce

Mar 15, 2010
California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring. :icon_thumleft: Gets me all pumped up for tommorow!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha, :D

So much for filling your hole in, since you took your plug home with you... LoL :laughing7:

Keep @ it and HH !! ;D

DiggerDave in Pa.

Jan 12, 2011
Huntingdon County Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
augusthog said:
Its still chilly out, but I have to go back into town and pick up the wifes prescription. Of course I dress warm, but like the dummy I am I forget the camera.
The script goes off without any problems. Its cold and blowey out, but I got time now so I hit the park across the street. Wasn't expecting much as this park gets hit by everybody and their brother, including me.
I hit 3 quarters, 1 quarter, 3 more quarters, a dime and then a BIG signal! A double honker thats in the gold range. I'm thinking necklass, chain, something big? Or just a chopped up pop can?
Taking care not to damage it in case it IS something good I dig wide around the spot. I pull out a nice, dry plug and brake it open. This side shows nothing , the other side OHMYGOD!!! :o
And I don't have my camera! I'm stareing at an obvious ring! A BIG one. :hello2: And its got a nice Gold color! I opened it up slightly and I see diamonds? And a green Emerald? And a Pot leaf? WTF have I got here??? Man I wanted to rip it apart right there, but I want pictures of this baby.
Yup, the weather is blowing in, starting to snow so I put the dirt clod in my coat pocket and hop in the Scubie-doo and head home with my heart pounding and my mind racing.
At home I show the wife and g-kid! Their jaws hit the ground. I take some pics, I open it up and can see yep, its got what look like diamonds :headbang:. and maybe an emerald? :headbang: Wow, I'm freakin now. I free it completly from it's confines and slip it on my size 12 finger. It fits like a glove, er ring. It's a size 12.
OK, lets not get to excited here. Not yet. I clean the inside part and yup, theres small numbers there. The excitment level jumps. I get my pocket magnifier and have a look. 18K. !!! :headbang: Ummmm, 18 K GP. AAAAHHHH! GOLD PLATED? Are the stones real? Is the emerald real? Is it just a chunk o junk? :dontknow:
Well, I guess I'll have to take it in and have it looked at by a jewler to find out for sure. But it is by far the GROOVYEST ring I've ever found, lol. Stay tuned, Same bat time, same bat channel.
It's always nice having roots growing on your targets. Nice find!

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! and Wow! again. :notworthy: :thumbsup:

trixie charger

Aug 31, 2010
N.C.
Bank Runner said:
Chug and Red said:

I agree with Red, if the stone is natural it is a peridot. It doesn't look like emerald to me. Still a good find. :icon_thumright:

WOW :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: Great ring!!!!!!!!!!!! Even if its plated and yep its Peridot, but still it NICE!!!!!

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Ring looks neat, I love peridots. Hey, guys & gals, he probably kicked some adjacent dirt into the hole and gave it a stomp! I love this t-net site but unless you're joking about the hole, ditch the ass-umptions please. He brought the dirt clod home to gave ya the once-removed in-situ photo, can't have it both ways, hee-he. Andi (I'm just another g-olden oldie who hasn't even found silver yet!)

Chicago Ron

Apr 12, 2005
In the Lake in Chicago
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, E-trac, Excaliber II, GPX-5000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonder if they were stoned when they lost it? LOL

Great find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread