Weekly Singapore Beach hunt - 5 Feb 2011

PKennett

Oct 18, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's my finds from Saturday, 5 February, 2011. I almost tossed the silver cross-looking thing, as it was all black like a piece of junk metal. But after I soaked it in my home-made silver tarnish remover, the telltale "925" mark of Sterling Silver was revealed - and the tarnish all came off nicely. But what is it? I think it may be the center metal clasp of a wooden crucifix, where the wood has long since rotted away. Not really sure.

In addition to all the money, there where a lot of steel and a single silver ring found this week. The silver ring was badly beaten up, and heavily tarnished. It must have been buried in the salty sand for a while.

The best find was the 22kt gold ring. My running streak of finding at least one gold ring per week is still going!

What's amazing is the beaches here replenish their treasure so quickly. I found all this stuff on the same beach I always hunt, in pretty much the same stretch of sand. It just keeps renewing itself each week, and with no one else searching I can't imagine what I will find before I leave Singapore next July.

Attachments

• SentosaHunt-05Feb2011.jpg
    SentosaHunt-05Feb2011.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 1,465
  • SentosaHunt-05Feb2011-ring.jpg
    SentosaHunt-05Feb2011-ring.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,454
  • Peter-Hunter.jpg
    Peter-Hunter.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 1,445
Upvote 0

niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty amazing, keep it going! Niffler

RFrady

Jan 16, 2011
Steilacoom, WA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds. My wife keeps telling me we need to take the MD when we return to Singapore and then Malaysia to visit her parents. You have me convinced....

Keep Swinging...

OP
OP
PKennett

PKennett

Oct 18, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the first picture you can see a yellow ring that I thought was probably junk. I almost tossed this ring into my junk pile, as I had never seen this color stone before. Luckily I had a co-worker who is also a jeweler look it today, and he said the stone is citrine, and that the ring is probably 18 kt gold! I have to take it to goldsmith to check on the gold content, as the ring has no ID marks. My jeweler said the ring was hand-fashioned around the stone, and probably something that was made to order. Not a typical ring, but definitely not junk!
:icon_pirat:
Pete

Attachments

• CitrineRing.jpg
    CitrineRing.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 1,002

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds and spot to detect!!! Congrats :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
PKennett

PKennett

Oct 18, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, concerning the last ring:

The first person told me it was Citrine. That person was a sales clerk in a jewelry store.
The second person was a hobbyist, who at least used a microscope and claimed it was Imperial Topaz.

Now I just had it examined by a licensed Independent Gemologist, who neither buys or sells jewelry. He charged me $30 and used an infrared spectrometer. He claims it is without-a-doubt Yellow Sapphire. He further tested the ring itself and said it was 18 kt gold, actually slighter higher. Although he does not sell jewelry, he said it was worth around $500.

I think I'll stick to that professional examination and close this book.

I'm happy!

Peter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, and beautiful ring......Love to see your posts......Always wanted to visit Singapore. My wife is Filipino, maybe I can make it to Singapore one day when she goes back visiting her family in Philippines.....

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
Great finds at what appears to be a beautiful location! Thanks for sharing both!

HH!

stillgottawork

Jun 6, 2008
New York
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT , Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to congratulate you on the great finds you got...... :headbang:

That looks like a nice ring.... :hello2:

but can you delete the picture of you on the beach.... it make's me depressed, because i still have 2 feet of snow on the ground.

and properly wont start to hunt till April.( if I'm lucky). Good luck ,find more stuff, and more pictures,(yeah, even the beach) :hello:

MKnTenn

Jul 30, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds, looks like alot of fun. Do you mind telling us your homemade tarnish remover's formula? Thanks HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread