Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi gang. Went to my favorite park this afternoon with only an hour to hunt, but, it turned out to be a wonderful day! I found my 4th James Avery piece and I am sure this is a find that myself and others have overlooked a number of times. This was a rather weak and unstable 'zinc' signal showing a depth of 7". I was on my way back to my truck and for some unknown reason, I decided to check it out. To my pleasant surprise, it was a JA silver earring at about 6":

JAnumber4_2.jpg
JAnumber4_1.jpg

Also, I would like to know how these stupid things can sink!.......I have found these as deep as 4 and 5 inches!! (I think they are a foil seal for some kind of drink):

foildownunder.jpg

I am getting much better with my F75.......I pulled this nickel from 5" with this piece of foil sitting just about like it is in the picture. I had to shorten my swing to about 1/2" side-to-side in order to pick out the 29/30 for the nickel over the 17/19 for the foil:

nicknfoil020611.jpg

I have no idea what these could be, but, they were found about 10" apart with each giving a nice nickel signal. The two fit together quite nicely:

2pcwhatzit020611.jpg
2pcwhatzit2.jpg

The take for the hour was nothing to rave about, but, hey, the silver made it all worth the while!!"

take020611.jpg

Upvote 1
OP
OP
Roland58

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, Damon. With a little run on the buffing wheel it looks great. I'm still amazed at my good fortune of finding 4 pieces of James Avery in as many months. Did Dig those 'zinc' signals....you never know! (Just hate it when I make a typo! >:()

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread