SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well the weather finally broke 40 degrees so I went for a long drive to scout out a few spot with my buddy. To our suprise the fields had no snow and they were a diggable mud slop! Headed to a field we have found buttons and coppers before. My buddy found 3 buttons and a nice LC that sounded like a can. It was right on the surface. I found 3 buttons. One I lost >:( and one was a small underwear button. The other was medium sized and I thought nothing of it. I cleaned it tonight and was shocked to see "Jackson's Victory" on the back. The pictures are the best I could do You can clearly see it in person. Im psyched, first trip in between snow and noreasters and I got a keeper. I believe its an Albert's PC78. RV125. I think that is good? Thanks for lookin! ;D Ive added a picture of Don Hartmans from a few years ago and the pic in Albert's Book.
P2070302.jpg

P2070301.jpg

P2070300.jpg

JACKSONS_VICTORYBUTTON1.jpg

Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice button Jim.....Definitley a case victim :icon_thumright:

Digger54

Dec 6, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, Minelab Sovereign GT, Fisher1280X, Nautilus DMCIIB
Outstanding find!

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Jim, glad to see you get a political button!!!! I believe in my button talk at the club last year, I tried to emphasize the importance of cleaning those plain flat buttons, just never know what is on the backmark! :thumbsup:

I got out this morning in a very short hunt, but got my first coin find for 2011, so I was happy despite having to cut the hunt unexpectantly short.
(posting soon)
Don

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Jim! Great speaking with you! it seems like forever since we got out detecting. It was last year, wasn't it? :laughing9:

That is one killer button! I think the site has more potential than we originally thought. (I just wish it was a bit closer to home).

I am glad you got an ID on it. I had no doubt that Don would have already found one. He always seems to be ahead of me by 2 years with my finds.

Below is the link to the button cleaning topic regarding the toothpick technique.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,165857.0.html

I hope this cold, white stuff goes away soon!

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Great Historic Find, Love the early Political stuff and that's early.
my best is 1864.
I'm so glad to learn that backmarks can tell the whole story :hello2:
I got a lot of flats to check :laughing7:
Big Congrats!

fir469

Dec 18, 2007
Nice campaign button Jim!! I got out for an hour yesterday and found a 57 Washington and a 50 Rosie and a piece of a junk cameo ring. I'd take that button over silver any day for sure!

chark21798

Dec 6, 2004
SOUTH JERSEY
Detector(s) used
explorer/ wot coil
Great find Jim Still havent check mine out yet. Hope didnt your truck too muddy. Well great hunt, HH Mark

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice recovery on that sweet historical button ! Keep searching and keep us posted ! :icon_sunny: MaineRelic

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions