lots of rust.....and 1 buckle

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri
Found a pile of rust today......and the little buckle was at about 8 or 9 inches deep and had all the signs of a penny.......(visions of indians dancing in his head).....none the less it was not, but the buckle is stamped deauville. Anybody know about the company which would make these. The house is in the family and has at least 60 years of age to it. My mother tells me they grew up poor and I will not find any coins there...who knows? Anyway have a great day......gregd573

Attachments

• abc 001.jpg
    abc 001.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 293
  • abc 004.jpg
    abc 004.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 293
  • abc 005.jpg
    abc 005.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 290
Upvote 0

Gabbit

Aug 4, 2005
Idaho
nice digs -- looks art deco -- 1920's -- keep us posted ;D

just found this -- although it looks to be a long shot

DEAUVILLE: 1850 - Present

The J.R. Wood & Sons Company, founded by John R. Wood, manufactured Deauville jewelry in Brooklyn, NY starting in 1850. His sons Rawson L. and St. John Wood also joined the firm. In 1919, the company was recognized for its skills in diamond cutting, wedding ring making and for the manufacturing of fine gold and platinum jewelry. In the early years, the company employed many workers (the facilities were large enough to accommodate up to 1,000 workers) for the firm housed a Platinum Department, a Mounting Department, a Signet Ring Department and a Special Order Department to produce their jewelry lines. The company designed and produced, bracelets, broaches/pins, dainty lavalieres, cuff buttons, cuff links, bangles, rings, lockets, and pocket watches using 10K, 14K and 18K gold (white, green and yellow gold during the war years) with some filigree and platinum metal use. Wesselton diamonds, ruby, sapphire, amethyst and garnet stones, seed pearls and outstanding rhinestones were used in their designs. In 1970, the company became a part of Lenox, Inc., the Keepsake Division, Trenton, NJ., and in 1975, the firms name was changed to Art-Carved Inc. Mark: "Deauville", "Art-Carved" for wedding rings. In their later years, the company produced some of their jewelry of less quality with black Japanned and gold plated metal bases using colored rhinestones and crystals, aurora beads, and white baroque beads. Queen For A Day gave away Art-Carved jewelry. The company is still in business today.

OP
OP
gregd573

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri
Thank you for the replies and the information "gabbit". I was thinking maybe a shoe buckle or something of that nature. I am not sure what kind of metal it is made of, the picture was taken before cleaning other than a dry cleaning on my t-shirt and the little keeper thingy moves freely. I did run some water over it after I got home and the rag I dried it off with looked like it was rust stains. Maybe I can get back sunday and find those elusive coins........take care all, gregd573

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very cool looking buckle, Congrats!!!
Good luck, & Hapy hunting~

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat buckle Greg! Keep lookin...there's bound to be at least one coin there!

Good luck!

Nana ;)

OP
OP
gregd573

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri
How can I say this gracefully..............could'nt agree with you more Green1. Sure glad you put that in perspective for me....lol. HH, gregd573

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread