Things getting better, Still Clad but the totals are going Up, Elementary School

midnightguy

May 20, 2006
Upstate NY
Well today I went out and checked on my children's local school. It was built in 1958 so silver is a possibility, though remote. Spent about an hour and a half or so searching a recently laid out soccer field. I decided to hit the sidelines as these games are well attended. Just walking to the field and tuning my detector I hit a 1965 clad Quarter just sitting on top of the grass. (Just missed Silver Darn!)

Best find of the day started with a strong Quarter indication. Looking down, I could just see a flash of coin sitting in the grass pressed down next to the soil. When I pulled it out there was a nice 2005 clad Quarter. I decided to sweep the spot again to make sure that was the only coin and I get another quarter indication. The depth says one inch so I look again and this time I find four more clad Quarters sitting in a nice pile like someone placed them there about two inches from where I found the first one. As there are no seats at this field I can see someone sitting down in the grass watching a game and the quarters falling out of a pocket.
That was the start of a good time out and I finished with $2.38 in modern coins. 8 Quarters, 1 dime, 4 nickles and 8 memorial cents. Not much for some but its great for me. Planning on going out on Fathers day and hitting the old Drive In from last week. I think I now know where the old playground was located. Hoping for some nice finds.....

Attachments

• money 06-17 2.jpg
    money 06-17 2.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 255
  • money 3.jpg
    money 3.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 256
Upvote 0

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
That's a good amount of clad,congrats! I love finding quarters,but I don't find that many of them.

OP
OP
midnightguy

midnightguy

May 20, 2006
Upstate NY
Well, Tried to hit the old Drive In but its just too well protected by Ticks.. Didn't go 15 feet into the grass covered parking area when two ticks jumped onto my pants leg. That's enough of a hint for me that it's not worth it. At least not now.. I have never seen a tick infestation this bad before. Maybe the Silver God's hired them to protect the hidden silver.. Who knows.. Well at least one thing is for sure, come fall and a couple of good frosts and there won't be a Tick problem anymore and I can search all I want.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions