Todays Finds

woodworker40

Oct 17, 2004
Today's Finds

Today I took my new detector out for the first time, only had two hours. Found a Sterling Silver ring, and 48 cents.

Upvote 0

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Today's Finds

Nice ring. I love the way they look right out of the ground! Some of my friends don't count silver as jewelry, but I do. Good luck & HH! Chris

D

dfrelke

woodworker40 said:
Today I took my new detector out for the first time, only had two hours. Found a Sterling Silver ring, and 48 cents.

Very nice Ring,not to change subjects but I didn't know where best to post this,Today and for the last couple days I found what appears to be old stamps and coins and possible leather documents along with ornate trunk locks and hardware in the Oregon mountains.the china,glassware,and square nails and "SAFE" lock date it from around 1900 but the china dating seems to vary greatly.Im currently researching styles and makers marks but they are at least back to Qing and possibly Ming Dyn.all the way to Early 1900 England Holland.So it appears to be a previous collection.But my question is...How is it best to preserve the Artifacts(Especially whats left of the paper stamps and the leather doc. or painting)I know with Water discoveries they freeze them in ice and get them to an expert,Is this best? or is it better to freeze them as they are or not freeze them at all?,but I fear they would instantly turn to dust! And there are STACKS of stamps! And then there are brass and Iron ornate locks,Very deteriorated silver and copper coins and silver plated spoons and plates and possible miniature Gilt Iron carousel or clock?Anyway....I need help preserving these things or storing them safely until I can get them to someone who "Knows"....Then we can all look at them and see what they are exactly!! ? ?Thanx-DF

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy

WOW!! it sounds like you came across a place that was abandoned rather quickly..or maybe the owners deserted it during the winter and couldn't get back to it.. did you find this "treasure" MD'ing? or was it in a long lost house/shack..really got my curiosity going..tell us the whole story..
Congrats!! looking forward to the pictures.

HH
dave

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

Nice looking ring!
Good first day, looks like...
Happy Hunting~

Bjorn_MD

Nov 19, 2003
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT

Nice find. 48 cents and a silver ring proves it's working. Always fun getting to know a new machine and discovering new treasures!

downindixie

Oct 10, 2004
Oxford,Alabama

I like silver rings almost as much as gold ones,especially if they are antique!Sounds like you have a good place to detect.Happy hunting!

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice ring. Post pics of the other stuff you talked about when you can. Want to see those detiorated coins

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions