Moose Teeth and Gold ...My favorite!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Found a total of 83.36 in clad so far this month...Kids tell me we could live off our finds and just eat hotdogs every day ....LOL
The Moose teeth were found near the Wisconsin- Minnesota border along with a moose head skull and antlers...will post that soon...had to leave it up North for now.....weighs a ton.... But will take pics next week!
Took off 15 minutes for a lunch break and hunted instead...where I found the 14k gold cross necklace under a log...within five minutes ....My kind of hunt...I rolled the log over when the detector was screaming and all I saw was a little moldy blue plastic box...so I kicked it to get it out of the way of my beeping...hahaha...I heard a jingle and had to go get it ,....opened it and tada...Gold!
The old pointy necklace was a good find at a teardown (dated to the 1890's) and the rest are park finds...Kind of liking the belly dancer chain... :) Watch is a Timex and still ticking!
Cowboys were all under the front porch of a teardown..1950's I think...
The viking ship thing is like a enameled huge paper clip..has a dutch windmill on the backside and when you pinch it open..It says Made In Greece...Great shape and no chips ...
Not pictured is the tons of junk I found ,because I am not dragging anymore of it home....I have enough! ;) :D

Attachments

• June Finds007.JPG
    June Finds007.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 681
  • June Finds011.JPG
    June Finds011.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 629
  • June Finds014.JPG
    June Finds014.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 657
  • June Finds010.JPG
    June Finds010.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 628
  • June Finds008.JPG
    June Finds008.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 626
Upvote 0

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Some very nice finds Gypsy! Congrats
Love the gold jewelry you have dug this month so far.
and $83.36 in clad, holy cow, that's a lot of change for two weeks,
I am really impressed, keep it going!

Smiles!
BDoo

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Nice job girl...WTG.....very nice......

Best,

Chagy........

Attachments

• 2509470930.jpg
    2509470930.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 242

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Way to go Gypsy- no need to go off galavanting after some "lost treasure" tale for you, eh? You'll find your own booty! (Wait a minute, that didn't come out right.....)

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
VERY VERY NICE!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MOOSE TEETH! Oh my Gyspy! :D Moose teeth? :P

:D Well....that was an interesting find! :D Sounds like you and the girls are having a great summer so far! Awesome on the jewelry AND the money!

Congrats!

Nana ;)

markgPA

Jan 13, 2006
Bethlehem, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites PrizmV, Minelab Explorer SE
Hi Gypsy
I too was confused when I read the title 'Moose Teeth and Gold'. That is some interesting jewelry.
You must be tired from all that digging for that much clad. Every couple of months we take my clad to the bank and my daughter gets to spend some and deposit some into her savings account. It gives us one more opportunity to do something together.
HH
Mark G

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
markgPA said:
Hi Gypsy
I too was confused when I read the title 'Moose Teeth and Gold'. That is some interesting jewelry.
You must be tired from all that digging for that much clad. Every couple of months we take my clad to the bank and my daughter gets to spend some and deposit some into her savings account. It gives us one more opportunity to do something together.
HH
Mark G

Thats what we are doing....I save everything in gallon jars...then the girls take it to the bank...first they go through and we keep any good coins,etc. Since they dig alot for me...and hunt on their own now...we split the money between them . They have to put half of their split in the savings account and the rest is for what they want . They know the more they hunt,the more they make .

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
gypsyheart said:
I save everything in gallon jars...

Well, no wonder! I mean, when you're finding it by the gallon... ;D

WTG, GH— and long may you wave!

dogbeak

Aug 12, 2005
west central WI
Do you need any help with the skull?
I live not far from the WI/Mn border.
Were you near the gandy-dancer trail system?
By the way, I really enjoy your posts!
Good luck to you and your girls.
Later
Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread