Picnic Grove Yields BIG Silver!

D

doyboy

Hey, guys, Zoyboy, Blitz, and I got out to the picnic grove today. Well, the day started out with us treking through the woods to an area we wanted to hit. So, while we hiked in and finally turned our detectors on Zoyboy yells out, "Hey, cool, 60 VDI." He was refering to his detector's battery life; which 60 is not too good and considering his spare ones were 100 yards away and a long walk through the woods , HA HA, Zoy, too bad! Well, we started in the desired area and detected it like crazy. For some reason the coins were not popping out. But, I still stayed focused on the area because I kept finding remnants of the past laying around (old bottles). After about a half-hour of detecting I looked over at Zoy and said, "I'm leaving this area!" That was when Zoyboy said in a jeering fashion, "Wheatie-1909. Wheatie, Wheatie, Wheatie!" Ignoring the Jokester's remark, I started to make my way to the area where we all were finding the old coins last week. I was only getting junk signals! I guess my luck would not prevail today, but I still stayed determined. About an hour and fifteen minutes into our hunt, I heard Zoyboy say in a sarcastic, joking voice over the walkie-talkie, "My batteries are DEAD. Dead, I say. My batteries are DEAD. Dead!" Soon after him saying that, I soon came upon the grove's dump. I detected in and around it for a little while. I eyed many old, broken bottles and pottery laying around. But, I did find a fully intact blue-glass bottle from the early 1900s. I guess no coins for me today! After finding the bottle, I heard Zoyboy and Blitz approaching. They were headed back this way since Zoyboy needed a change of batteries. I was almost to the car when I heard a long bellow from Zoyboy, "OH MY GOD, ONE MORGAN!" From what I heard about 50 yards away, Zoyboy and Blitz had hit the lottery. When I showed up to see his find, Zoyboy told me how he had witnessed the retrieval. He told me Blitz had gotten the signal and said, "Oh my, a Dollar hit." That was when Zoyboy was at his side saying, "Blitz, you have a Morgan. One Morgan!" The boy predicted his find! After digging the hole and locating the coin, the two men, acting like two idiots, went into severe spasms; yelling, roaring, and jumping around :D. Blitz had found an 1891-O Morgan Dollar in Fine condition. He also found 2 Indian Heads-1890, 1898 about 10 feet from the dollar.

The day ended soon after that find. We were all too excited to go on. We will be back next week! I guess the memory will live on!

Sorry, I couldn't post a picture of his Morgan. Maybe we will do it later this week.

Upvote 0

markgPA

Jan 13, 2006
Bethlehem, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites PrizmV, Minelab Explorer SE
Wow! I can only imagine how I would be acting if I found a buck. I was in a bass fishing tourney ( my buddy and I won it and split $2500) and after he boated a 5+ pounder, we were seen by others dancing and hugging on the front deck of the boat! Funny what gets us excited.
Get a pic, I would love to see the coin.
HH
MarkG

nybuford

Jan 16, 2006
Awesome day you guys had. I still get excited when I pull a pop top!
OK maybe not but I would be doing the dance of joy if I pulled a silver dollar out of the ground! WTG
Bu

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
that grove was an awesome find..........as well as that morgan! way to go!!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats DB,

I need to see Pictures ;)

OP
OP
D

doyboy

pics

Attachments

• DSCF0002.JPG
    DSCF0002.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 285
  • DSCF0003.JPG
    DSCF0003.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 284

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awsome !

Wipe her Face, She looks like she was Eating Mud :P

OP
OP
D

doyboy

She must have been near a piece of junk. We hope to find more silver there this coming week. My goal is a nice Barber coin of large denomination (50 cent piece)!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread