Lady of the Evening.....

christophernixon

Nov 20, 2005
NW Georgia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I went hunting for a little while this evening...and...I finally found my first silver!!!!! ;D A 1936 Mercury Dime, I did manage to make a small mark on the coin while trying to retrieve the target. When I looked down and saw that silver staring back at me I was so excited.

I was hunting an old blacksmith's shop from the mid 1800's - I also found a 1944 Wheat, some type of large caliber bullet (any idea on the ID of it???) and my first piece of jewelry, I think it is part of a necklace.

The house burned in the 1960's and the property has been grown up and overlooked for many years. Rumors have always circulated that Sherman's troops camped in the vicinity of the house during his pursuit of Hood. The property has been sold and is under development finally - I am the only person with permission to hunt this site so I should find some more goodies!!!! ;D

Thanks for looking guys.

Attachments

• 061806.jpg
    061806.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 498
  • 06180601.jpg
    06180601.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 482
Upvote 0

nybuford

Jan 16, 2006
WTG Chris! Congrats on your first of many silvers!
What a great feeling that must have been! That excitement never goes away. Congrats again!
Bu

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on your first silver. You'll always remember how excited you were when you found it. :)

I remember my first mercury. I jumped up and down and screamed.. Did a little dance. Then I hurried to my dad's house so I could show him.

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
now thats a very nice way to start your silver collection,, way to hit it,, ;D :D ;D :D ;D many more to come,, ;D ;D

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She's a Hottie !

Congrats on the Merc Chris.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread