Help identify first old park find

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
Help identify first old park find

I have mostly been a beach hunter but with all the cool finds other folks have made at old parks, I thought I would try an old park. I am still a little uncomfortable digging thru the grass even though you could not see the dig locations when I was done. I am just expecting someone to come up to me and complain, even though they didn't. I found pull tabs, bottle caps, some lead sheet material, a stainless steel band/clamp, 6 cents clad and a cool hand made copper or brass latch of some kind. It it about the size that I would expect on a jewelry box or purse, but I can't figure out how it would work. It is hinged, but it appears to only have a connection point at one end. Any Thoughts on how it would have been used??

Attachments

• P1020725.jpg
    P1020725.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 320
  • P1020726.jpg
    P1020726.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 325
  • P1020727.jpg
    P1020727.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 319
Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Help identify first old park find

Looks like a hasp or a hinge. Neat find and HH, Mike

USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

it looks like a neckless thing .. but i am not sure

USTiger

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

was there some sort of a pin attachment on the back...like for a ladies watch ? Cool find

OP
OP
petersra

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound

Gypsy, No pin attachment on the back. Looked smooth with no visible sign of something broken off or soldered to it anywhere. I didn't think about a necklace pendant. It certainly could function as a slide pendant, althought it looks a little crude to have been for that, and copper or brass doesn't seem like the kind of material one would use for a pendant. It is possible though... Now in Gold, that would be a different story..... Dream on..

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505

Back in my younger days I was on a university campus metal detecting and I got a signal. I dug a big divot and the hole was pretty big too. All of a sudden I look up and there is campus security. I am like thinking this is it. I am in big trouble. Then, he just walks away. I fill in the whole and try to make it look like it wasn't disturbed. I couldn't even tell you if I retrieved the coin. lol. I went on to other areas where there was bare ground and found some cool stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread