I found a Treasure Code!!!!!!!!

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted in the Treasure code thread but just am so excited wanted to start my own about Todays Find for me :)

Ive been looking and looking. My eyes HURT! It is the code for this prize
Spanish Piece of Eight Treasure Coin

Ive never had a great find but this just makes my year! So many pages and links and everything to look through. Ended up finding it by doing some research and searching for keywords from what I found out. Im a little nervous since I havent gotten a reply from the message I sent the contest admin about the find but I sent it 4 times(sorry just sooo excited)

Just wanted to let everyone know that they can be found. Still another nice coin to be found!

Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Marc said:
gypsyheart said:
well now that really bites...found in a forum section that had been discontinued and under a treasure code that resembles none of the two examples that were shown in the contest rules.....But....many congratulations to you Nathan for finding it!!

Like the contest page said - it might just be a link! If I made them all look the same - some geek would find a way to scan for them!

There is still one ROMAN coin out there! Good luck!

Hahaha.... Dont mind me...Just sour apples and sore hiney from a blind old bat.!
Good Luck everyone! and Nathan Way to go!

D

Dr E*

Congrats.. Job well done.
Wish I could have found one, but you deserve them!

jadewhiskey

Mar 16, 2005
New Hampshire
AGGGGG - I was out at that page earlier today... I didn't see that grayed out image at the bottom - I was looking for a bright yellow image with some numbers in it....

OH Well - congratulations on your find...

Jade

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nathan104 said:
Well, I hope nobody hates me BUT.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................I JUST FOUND THE CODE FOR THE SECOND COIN!!!!!!!!!!

Ive been searching for about 12 hours straight now and didnt stop after finding the first one. Sat here at lunch with a sandwich in one hand and the mouse in the other. Im very excited as Ive never EVER won anything in my entire life. Ive been metal detecing since January and have so far found 1 wheat penny(have found clad). Had back surgery two months ago and havent been able to get out so Ive been really bummed. This has really lifted my spirits.

But, I hope no one gets upset that I found two of them. Its it makes you feel any better, I now have a pounding headache from looking at the screen and my eyes are burning. My bottom probably hurts but its so numb I cant feel it anymore.
yes,I am very happy for you too Nathan...will you please hurry and find the others so we can do something else!!! good luck to you and great job....

OP
OP
nathan104

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i said:
Good job Nathan! How'd you find it? I wanna know how close I was ;)

Well, the first one I found with good research. This one was just dumb luck. One of the hints was "treasure coins can be found with other treasure coins" Well, I figured that maybe that meant that since the first coin was found in the archived forums, the other one would be to. So, Ive been going the archived forums one page at a time. Only took me 5 straight hours of going through page after page after page after page after...well, you get my drift.

I had tried doing reasearch on this one and spent awhile searching for Macedonia,trocha,drachm,post of people named alex,alexander,etc.. But ran out of search keywords and just started flipping pages.

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
No one hates you Nathan, congrats on being smarter than me..............luckier than me............more persistant than me..........well, you get the idea! Nice job, enjoy those coins & get better so you can get out in the feild soon! :D

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nathan104 said:
i said:
Good job Nathan! How'd you find it? I wanna know how close I was ;)

Well, the first one I found with good research. This one was just dumb luck. One of the hints was "treasure coins can be found with other treasure coins" Well, I figured that maybe that meant that since the first coin was found in the archived forums, the other one would be to. So, Ive been going the archived forums one page at a time. Only took me 5 straight hours of going through page after page after page after page after...well, you get my drift.

I had tried doing reasearch on this one and spent awhile searching for Macedonia,trocha,drachm,post of people named alex,alexander,etc.. But ran out of search keywords and just started flipping pages.
great research nathan gws

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Way to go, Nathan. It sounds like you deserve those coins. You used your head and spent alot of time looking. 8)

Thanks for tell us where you found them....so we have some idea for next time. ;)

Congratulations. :)

b1pw3ha

May 17, 2005
Pittsburgh-Pa
Congrats Nat. You deserve those coins buddy :) :)
Hope this hunt helps in lifting your spirits and getting back on your feet again!!
Atleast before the next hunt!! ;D ;D
Just joking :P Congrats

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congradulations to all the newbies if they are still here!!! :'(

M

michigan_doberman

nate go find the bullseye pinpointer then tell me where its at lol

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nathan,

You searched long & hard & didn't give up. WTG...Congratulations!

;) River

OP
OP
nathan104

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
michigan_doberman said:
nate go find the bullseye pinpointer then tell me where its at lol

Man I sure wish I could find that thing. The pinpointer is what I really wanted in the first place because I actually NEED one. After finding the 2nd code, I looked for the pinpointer for another 2 hours but finally had to take a break. Im going to get back on it though. Although I think it must be somewhere random. Good luck to everyone still searching!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread