I found a Treasure Code!!!!!!!!

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted in the Treasure code thread but just am so excited wanted to start my own about Todays Find for me :)

Ive been looking and looking. My eyes HURT! It is the code for this prize
Spanish Piece of Eight Treasure Coin

Ive never had a great find but this just makes my year! So many pages and links and everything to look through. Ended up finding it by doing some research and searching for keywords from what I found out. Im a little nervous since I havent gotten a reply from the message I sent the contest admin about the find but I sent it 4 times(sorry just sooo excited)

Just wanted to let everyone know that they can be found. Still another nice coin to be found!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
nathan104

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive got the link copied. I will post it as soon as I get the reply and confirmation. Still havent gotten a reply. Maybe they are at lunch.

It was not the big golden treasure code symbol and it wasn't a bunch of numbers and letter as a link. However, it DID say treasure code under the little symbol they had for it.

OP
OP
nathan104

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm. Still havent gotten a reply and the treasure code still shows active. And when I go back and click on the symbol it still comes up with the Congrats page. Ive sent it several times. Should I be worried? Or do you think they are probably at lunch and havent gotten to them yet? Just wondering what happens if someone else finds it and clicks on it while its still active?

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Make sure you are sending it correctly....also PM Jeff so he knows you are sending it along with the URL and the time better safe than sorry we all are witnessing the fact that you found it now ...but you should let Jeff know...

OP
OP
nathan104

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gypsyheart said:
Make sure you are sending it correctly....also PM Jeff so he knows you are sending it along with the URL and the time better safe than sorry we all are witnessing the fact that you found it now ...but you should let Jeff know...

Gypsy- I sent a PM to Marc from his post in the other treasure code thread. How do I PM Jeff? Searched for Jeff under messages but the only Jeff that came up was a newbie? Thanks.

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Man...I have spend all this time, hours and hours of searching in TreasureCoast for a Spanish coin.....and you found one sitting in your computer...DEAMMMM

Well a finding is a finding...nice job....enjoy.

Best,

Chagy......

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
nathan104 said:
gypsyheart said:

Gypsy- I sent a PM to Marc from his post in the other treasure code thread. How do I PM Jeff? Searched for Jeff under messages but the only Jeff that came up was a newbie? Thanks.

Look in mug shots he always replys there.....

OP
OP
nathan104

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hooray!!!

Just got the confirmation. Probably annoyed them all as I sent it to everyone, LOL!

Still the other coin and the pinpointer out there. Anyone else still looking?

OP
OP
nathan104

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah ;)

Heres the link to the page.

How I found it.
I researched the coin. Found out about the Atocha (the ship that sank with the coins)
searched many pages in the archived shipwreck forum and finally found the right page. Code is in the bottom left corner of the page.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forum/tr...shipwrecks/19980309/messages/9606270710.shtml

the treasure code link is still showing active for me. So nobody get hopes up as its already been won ;)

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
well now that really bites...found in a forum section that had been discontinued and under a treasure ciode that resembles none of the two examples that were shown in the contest rules.....But....many congratulations to you Nathan for finding it!!

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
Nathan, I would be excited too! Really nice coin you found........ No matter if it was on the beach or not....WTG

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
gypsyheart said:
well now that really bites...found in a forum section that had been discontinued and under a treasure ciode that resembles none of the two examples that were shown in the contest rules.....But....many congratulations to you Nathan for finding it!!

Like the contest page said - it might just be a link! If I made them all look the same - some geek would find a way to scan for them!

There is still one ROMAN coin out there! Good luck!

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marc said:
gypsyheart said:

Like the contest page said - it might just be a link! If I made them all look the same - some geek would find a way to scan for them!

There is still one ROMAN coin out there! Good luck!
wow Marc.....give us a new HINT!

OP
OP
nathan104

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I hope nobody hates me BUT.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................I JUST FOUND THE CODE FOR THE SECOND COIN!!!!!!!!!!

Ive been searching for about 12 hours straight now and didnt stop after finding the first one. Sat here at lunch with a sandwich in one hand and the mouse in the other. Im very excited as Ive never EVER won anything in my entire life. Ive been metal detecing since January and have so far found 1 wheat penny(have found clad). Had back surgery two months ago and havent been able to get out so Ive been really bummed. This has really lifted my spirits.

But, I hope no one gets upset that I found two of them. Its it makes you feel any better, I now have a pounding headache from looking at the screen and my eyes are burning. My bottom probably hurts but its so numb I cant feel it anymore.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread