gtoast99

Jun 28, 2010
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Some of you might remember the United Confederate Veterans reunion medal owned by Capt Sam Webb that I found last year. You know, the one that won me Garrett's find of the month. The one I won't shut up about. LOL. No? Well, here's a refresher: http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,333834.msg2404354.html#msg2404354

Anyways, the completed medal is supposed to be a two piece medal, like this example
http://www.uncledaveys.com/ucv1927a.jpg

Guess what I just found tonight? Yep, the top piece. I scratched up the back something awful, but the front is in good shape. And you can't really blame me for scratching it, as it was literally embedded in a cedar root.

:D!!

You can see where I totally slashed the back of it :(. Oh well, at least the front is okay. I had a really good day out, including two of my better buckles and some other random cool things. I don't know what a lot of them are, so feel free to chime in if you see something neat and want a closeup of anything. And yes, I know that's a nickel, smart alecs hahah.

Thanks for looking! I almost went totlotting, but my wife told me I should stick around the farm, and I'm SO glad I did :D

Attachments

• stuff.jpg
    stuff.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 645
  • stuff2.JPG
    stuff2.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 608
  • stuff3.JPG
    stuff3.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 586
  • medal both small.JPG
    medal both small.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 508
Upvote 0
F

Felinepeachy

WOW! What are the odds of finding the other piece? That is a feather in your cap for sure. Congratulations :thumbsup:

OP
OP
gtoast99

gtoast99

Jun 28, 2010
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks! I added a new scan of both together. :)

black651

May 6, 2009
Saint Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites Coinmaster, Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic find! I know you were pretty happy to find the other piece to that medal. Discovering these types of objects that have historical meaning to them is one of the best parts of this hobby! Great job!! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions