Hunted the local mall today - Snow pile finds!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cabin Fever has definitely set in here, so I decided to head down to the local mall today to see what treasures the snow piles held! We had a pretty good thaw here earlier this week and the snow piles have melted down quite a bit. Had a mini-me helper with me as well, though she spent most of the time sliding down the hills as opposed to hunting with me! lol! :laughing7:

Not a whole lot of exciting finds to report, just some junk jewellery, an American Jeans tag and a lonely Canadian Penny! Only four more weeks until the family and I head for Jamaica.
I contacted the hotel we're staying at to get permission to hunt their beach, and they said, "whatever makes you happy sir."

I haven't heard those words spoken since my wedding night! :laughing9:

Happy hunting everybody!
Dave

Attachments

• MD Hunt Feb 26_01.jpg
    MD Hunt Feb 26_01.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,726
  • MD Hunt Feb 26_02.jpg
    MD Hunt Feb 26_02.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,721
  • MD Hunt Feb 26_03.jpg
    MD Hunt Feb 26_03.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 1,734
  • MD Hunt Feb 26_04.jpg
    MD Hunt Feb 26_04.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 1,715
  • MD Hunt Helper.jpg
    MD Hunt Helper.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 1,702
Upvote 0
OP
OP
ANTIQUARIAN

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
clovis97 said:
I met a friend for lunch the other day, and as we were talking in the parking lot, I remembered a similar thread a while back about snow pile treasure hunting.

Since we were standing where the snow piles had been, I looked down and found 7 cents in about a minute.

Hey Clovis, the pickings were pretty slim where I was too . . . even you found more then I did! :laughing7:

HH,
Dave

OP
OP
ANTIQUARIAN

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Woodland Detectors said:
Hey at least you got out! It looks like you had a fun time. Your little helper seems happy.

Thanks for the comments WD! Yeah, I can't keep her off the snow hills, she reminds me of myself when I was young! :D

HH,
Dave

OP
OP
ANTIQUARIAN

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
traverdog said:
Very cool. I found a $10 bill on the ground outside a mall last week. Always keep those eyes open.

I like on of other members suggestion about looking for money along a fence at a ball park on a windy day! :icon_thumright:

HH,
Dave

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Dave, turn the basement into an Ice Rink and charge admission. I think winter is over for us here in OK, might have 1 or 2 days of it left but that's about it. Sure feels nice to be able to open the doors and all the windows and have the fresh air blow thru the house again.

HH

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
ANTIQUARIAN

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
desertfox said:
Dave, turn the basement into an Ice Rink and charge admission. I think winter is over for us here in OK, might have 1 or 2 days of it left but that's about it. Sure feels nice to be able to open the doors and all the windows and have the fresh air blow thru the house again.

HH

Don't worry Paul, I've got "basement drying" down to artform. If I can catch the water as it's starting to come in, I roll up the rugs and turn on an industrial fan and then the dehumidifier! :laughing7: Glad to here that winter's coming to an end out west, it's still here in the east though. The weatherman's calling for more snow this weekend here! :'(

HH,
Dave

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Dave, hunting snow piles is a good idea.
I used to work in a machine shop in back of town, the town would dump all the excess behind us in the spring as it melted I would find all kinds of stuff, this was way before my MDing days. Since then though I've often thought about it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread