Sundays finds and lessons learned

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
We headed out this morning little tired and sore from yesterdays hunt. I have been using our back up shadow as we are getting ready to send mine in for sevice. Yesterday I noticed that I was getting a lot of interference, now it was strange as I used this machine pretty much all summer last year and bobbie had just used it and it was fine. Mystery solved, apparently our back up machine and Bobbies x2 our both of same fregeuncy and we couldnt get 20 feet of eachother because of cross talk. My shadow is a diffrent freq hence no interference between us when we work together. So I reckon while my machine is being out for service I will be using the 4"coil on the shadow.
Our first stop produced only 4 coins for me and this gold ring with ruby, as well as 2 junk earrings. Bobbie found another silver earring and silver earring back at our next to last spot. I ended up with little under $6.00 for the day and bobbie found $6.50. I did find the sac dollar so that was a bonus.
The other lesson I learned is that I have got to get me a new pair of sunglasses if I want to hunt sand playareas in the summertime. The glare off my exisitng sunglasses is terrible. Bobbie learned a lesson today too as she chose to wear a tank top instead of a t shirt and the resultant sunburn is impressive
hh all
dave+bobbie

Attachments

• DSCF0843.JPG
    DSCF0843.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 472
Upvote 0

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds Dave and Bobbie! Hope Bobbie's sunburn is bearable and you get your machine fixed up good as new. Sunburn is no fun. I noticed that my hands were white and my arms were brown today...wearing gloves while detecting...I took them off to even out the tan.

HH!
TBGO

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful ring Dave!!!! So glad that Bobbie is well enough to go hunting! I'm sure she is going to enjoy you rubbing the aloe on that sunburn! ;D

Congrats!!

Nana ;)

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
I got horribly sunburned about a month ago and aloe vera was the only thing that made my skin feel better. If you don't have any in the house, definitely get some. Congrats on your finds.

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Alwaays nice to get a gold ring..even the small ones and with a nice stone eveb better! Congrats

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds D&B and congrats on the gold! HH, Mike

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
That's a nice ring you got.

You two find some really great jewlery.

HH Jer

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
I thought I was going to get another metal detecting tip. ;) And where is the picture of that impressive sunburn!? :D

Mirage

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Superb finds! Love that gold ring, it's beautiful!! Congrats!!

Hope this post finds you both doing well, keep it up !!!

Smiles!
BDoo

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry to hear about the sunburn...hope the gold will soothe the pain...HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread