goldbill

May 6, 2009
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites v3 deus v4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O.K. First off I know I don't post very often. Typing is hard for me,, posting pics a nightmare but I have visited this site almost every day for the last four years and this site and all you guys and gals are keeping a lot of us alive. Especially up here in the frosen north looking out at 2 to 3 feet of snow with more in the forcast. THANKYOU ALL Three or four years ago I started coin roll hunting (thanks to this site) and managed to secure the "rights" to the half bags from the bank I do business with. the first two bags were really good but as more banks in the area installed coin machines the production of full bags of half's dropped off .I've been waiting for 15 months for a bag to fill. All the time trying to keep a relationship with the bag teller without making a pain out of myself. This past Friday I was in the bank and noticed my favorite teller was missing. I asked the teller helping me "Is John (not real name) off today?" Yes he's on vacation. "So who gets the machine duty while he's gone?" I do "That is quite a job huh , you notice the half's never fill up?" And then she said!!!!! "Oh a guy came in yesterday with 1000 dollars of half's and ran them through the machine." " Really" I said" so what happened to the full bag?" "We have to ship those out to the mint." Needless to say my heart sank to the floor , the teller was unaware of our arrangement and the long anticipated bag was gone. MURPHY' LAW at work... Leaving the bank I decided to buy some rolls and flip two other machines where I have the same arrangement. Upon entering one of my favorite branches to buy rolls two tellers said "Do we have something for you." One had three rolls and the other had 35 rolls . As they are gathering these together I thought O My that one has silver showing on the end!! Not only silver on both ends but all the way through! A full roll of forty percenters , the day is getting better. In the rest of the rolls where six more forty's and a 1970 my first. I had just about given up on crh due to all the resent interest in my area. With the rest of my coins I flipped the other two machines and was rewarded with the rest that are in the pics. At the very bottom of one of these bags was a very strange coin. My heart skipped a couple when I saw this hammered Romain coin ( I think) After looking at the reverse I spied that dreaded word COPY Oh well not a bad end to the day for sure now to get some warmer weather to be able to swing the detector again.......Hope this isn't too long . Happy hunting all Goldbill

Attachments

• DSCF0152.JPG
    DSCF0152.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 553
  • DSCF0153.JPG
    DSCF0153.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 560
  • DSCF0154.JPG
    DSCF0154.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 561
  • DSCF0155.JPG
    DSCF0155.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 550
Upvote 0

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Silver ending to a fustrating day

Nice silver haul! I bet the guys over in the Coin roll hunting forum would love to see this post. :thumbsup:

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bill good to see a post from you. Sure will be good to see this snow gone. Only good thing is that down here there is no frost in the ground so when the snow goes we can do some digging. Hope we can get together for a dig or two in the spring. Take care. Jesse

OP
OP
goldbill

goldbill

May 6, 2009
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites v3 deus v4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mainer said:
Bill good to see a post from you. Sure will be good to see this snow gone. Only good thing is that down here there is no frost in the ground so when the snow goes we can do some digging. Hope we can get together for a dig or two in the spring. Take care. Jesse
10/4 Jesse I'm really getting the urge. I'm thinking sooner rather than later my son lives in southern Maine And I'm thinking of a road trip. I could pm and maybe we could hit some beaches at low tide. I had to dig out a wood pile the other day and there as 0 frost . As soon we get a little melt we will be good to go!! Bill

OP
OP
goldbill

goldbill

May 6, 2009
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites v3 deus v4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

thrillathahunt said:
Nice silver haul! I bet the guys over in the Coin roll hunting forum would love to see this post. :thumbsup:
Thanks I figure they check out both , I do. I don't know how to post in two places and this is my forum of choice.

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II

ahhh I can only imagine the high and low you went through after seeing that coin, then the word copy :-[

But, a very nice take of havles.

Nice Job

:icon_thumleft:

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting