Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    it
    all ways up for a hunt in the pines

    Dec 2007
    bayville nj
    minelab xs
    710
    2 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    reale good hunt today

    got myself a one reale . this baby was deep and bent ... 1773 ...the area we thought was hunted out ...but guess what . im sure theres alot more coins but alot of iron is masking the stuff . the area is a tavern site from the late 1700s .. thanks for looking ...heres my problem , it came up as a indian head penny on my explorer ....it was not in the upper silver area on my screen ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #2
    Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2007
    Oklahoma
    Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
    2,315
    3 times

    Re: reale good hunt today

    That's the way it's done. Bent or not. Just take a block of wood put the coin under it and hit it a few times with a hammer. Works every time for me. Congrats on a nice find.

    HH
    Happy Hunting

    Desertfox
    (Paul)

  3. #3
    us
    My Find of a Lifetime!

    Oct 2006
    Philadelphia Area
    White's V3i Excalibur 1000, Teknetics T2 SE
    5,068
    253 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)

    Re: reale good hunt today

    Quote Originally Posted by desertfox
    That's the way it's done. Bent or not. Just take a block of wood put the coin under it and hit it a few times with a hammer. Works every time for me. Congrats on a nice find.

    HH
    Nice find! I like the two blocks of wood idea, but I use C-clamps. I thought for sure I had a half reale today, but man am I glad I was wrong!

  4. #4

    Sep 2006
    lower sackville,nova scotia
    Garretts only
    1,922
    578 times
    Banner Finds (1)

    Re: reale good hunt today

    From the land of the Bluenose.....one word.................awesome!
    Life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone!

  5. #5
    us
    Mar 2009
    United States
    Minelab E-trac
    1,396
    545 times

    Re: reale good hunt today

    Quote Originally Posted by pinebarrens1
    got myself a one reale . this baby was deep and bent ... 1773 ...the area we thought was hunted out ...but guess what . im sure theres alot more coins but alot of iron is masking the stuff . the area is a tavern site from the late 1700s .. thanks for looking ...heres my problem , it came up as a indian head penny on my explorer ....it was not in the upper silver area on my screen ...
    Congrats! When I found my half real, it registered like a zincoln. Thin silver tends to not signal like regular silver.

  6. #6
    us
    Nov 2008
    Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
    12,715
    76 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)

    Re: reale good hunt today

    Way to go paisano.

    ciao

  7. #7

    Feb 2007
    Bradenton, Fl
    ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac
    7,502
    567 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: reale good hunt today

    nice!
    Debby

  8. #8
    us
    Aug 2008
    8

    Re: reale good hunt today

    Very nice find,

    KillerB

  9. #9
    us
    Oct 2009
    Jersey Cape
    Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
    3,709
    412 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (3)

    Re: reale good hunt today

    Nice reale pine b
    Where Ever You Go , There You Are

  10. #10
    it
    all ways up for a hunt in the pines

    Dec 2007
    bayville nj
    minelab xs
    710
    2 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: reale good hunt today

    thanks guys and gals

  11. #11

    Re: reale good hunt today

    My favorite kind of old silver! Congrats!
    If the elevator tries to bring you down, go crazy, punch a higher floor!

  12. #12
    ca
    Mar 2011
    nova scotia
    teknetics
    233
    10 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    found my first one ever today a 1 reale and it came up as a 85 just above where a silver dime would be on the readout
    nice find by the way

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by pinebarrens1 View Post
    got myself a one reale . this baby was deep and bent ... 1773 ...the area we thought was hunted out ...but guess what . im sure theres alot more coins but alot of iron is masking the stuff . the area is a tavern site from the late 1700s .. thanks for looking ...heres my problem , it came up as a indian head penny on my explorer ....it was not in the upper silver area on my screen ...
    Once again someone who pays too much attention to the display, your best not looking. No idea why you guys get so hung up on it. Over here very few serious hunters buy machines with VDUs. Oh well, I think I'm flogging a dead horse, but if a couple on here start to listern they will get the benefits.

    That said its a great find & 1 up on me
    TOO BUSY TO DETECT, YOU'RE TOO BUSY!!!

    'No good comes from thinking about how much time we waste detecting, as wasted time is good soul time' - me 25/06/08
    How do you find Gold coins? Reply: 'By finding lots of Silver ones..'
    A real man thinks about detecting every 6 seconds.
    'They look over their shoulder, I look to the ground.' 30/09/12
    We can not understand ourselves unless we understand our HISTORY.
    PMA:Positive MetalDetecting Attitude.

  14. #14
    DMN
    DMN is offline
    us
    Apr 2009
    1,241
    47 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CRUSADER View Post
    Once again someone who pays too much attention to the display, your best not looking. No idea why you guys get so hung up on it. Over here very few serious hunters buy machines with VDUs. Oh well, I think I'm flogging a dead horse, but if a couple on here start to listern they will get the benefits.

    That said its a great find & 1 up on me
    Hey, Crusader. I have to admit, I do look at my VDI (in public, no less...but look, no touch!) but I rely on the tone the most. The VDI depth indicator works OK, especially because I don't detect in plowed fields (parks and yards) so I don't want to be an earth mover any more than I have to! But listening to the tones has helped me find far more than watching the TV mounted on my coil. A long time ago I had a watershed moment after digging a suspender clip and a large cent right after. All tone, no VDI.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post
    Hey, Crusader. I have to admit, I do look at my VDI (in public, no less...but look, no touch!) but I rely on the tone the most. The VDI depth indicator works OK, especially because I don't detect in plowed fields (parks and yards) so I don't want to be an earth mover any more than I have to! But listening to the tones has helped me find far more than watching the TV mounted on my coil. A long time ago I had a watershed moment after digging a suspender clip and a large cent right after. All tone, no VDI.
    Spot-on.
    If only people realised what they left behind with the iffy signals.
    TOO BUSY TO DETECT, YOU'RE TOO BUSY!!!

    'No good comes from thinking about how much time we waste detecting, as wasted time is good soul time' - me 25/06/08
    How do you find Gold coins? Reply: 'By finding lots of Silver ones..'
    A real man thinks about detecting every 6 seconds.
    'They look over their shoulder, I look to the ground.' 30/09/12
    We can not understand ourselves unless we understand our HISTORY.
    PMA:Positive MetalDetecting Attitude.

 

 

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.3