reale good hunt today

pinebarrens1

Dec 20, 2007
bayville nj
Detector(s) used
minelab xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got myself a one reale . this baby was deep and bent ... 1773 ...the area we thought was hunted out ...but guess what . im sure theres alot more coins but alot of iron is masking the stuff . the area is a tavern site from the late 1700s .. thanks for looking ...heres my problem , it came up as a indian head penny on my explorer ....it was not in the upper silver area on my screen ...

Attachments

• 0305111641reale.jpg
    0305111641reale.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 552
Upvote 0

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
That's the way it's done. Bent or not. Just take a block of wood put the coin under it and hit it a few times with a hammer. Works every time for me. Congrats on a nice find.

HH

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
desertfox said:
That's the way it's done. Bent or not. Just take a block of wood put the coin under it and hit it a few times with a hammer. Works every time for me. Congrats on a nice find.

HH

Nice find! I like the two blocks of wood idea, but I use C-clamps. I thought for sure I had a half reale today, but man am I glad I was wrong!

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
pinebarrens1 said:
got myself a one reale . this baby was deep and bent ... 1773 ...the area we thought was hunted out ...but guess what . im sure theres alot more coins but alot of iron is masking the stuff . the area is a tavern site from the late 1700s .. thanks for looking ...heres my problem , it came up as a indian head penny on my explorer ....it was not in the upper silver area on my screen ...

Congrats! When I found my half real, it registered like a zincoln. Thin silver tends to not signal like regular silver.

novafinder

Mar 18, 2011
nova scotia
Detector(s) used
teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found my first one ever today a 1 reale and it came up as a 85 just above where a silver dime would be on the readout
nice find by the way

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Once again someone who pays too much attention to the display, your best not looking. No idea why you guys get so hung up on it. Over here very few serious hunters buy machines with VDUs. Oh well, I think I'm flogging a dead horse, but if a couple on here start to listern they will get the benefits.

That said its a great find & 1 up on me:occasion14:

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
Once again someone who pays too much attention to the display, your best not looking. No idea why you guys get so hung up on it. Over here very few serious hunters buy machines with VDUs. Oh well, I think I'm flogging a dead horse, but if a couple on here start to listern they will get the benefits.

That said its a great find & 1 up on me:occasion14:

Hey, Crusader. I have to admit, I do look at my VDI (in public, no less...but look, no touch!) but I rely on the tone the most. The VDI depth indicator works OK, especially because I don't detect in plowed fields (parks and yards) so I don't want to be an earth mover any more than I have to! But listening to the tones has helped me find far more than watching the TV mounted on my coil. A long time ago I had a watershed moment after digging a suspender clip and a large cent right after. All tone, no VDI.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, Crusader. I have to admit, I do look at my VDI (in public, no less...but look, no touch!) but I rely on the tone the most. The VDI depth indicator works OK, especially because I don't detect in plowed fields (parks and yards) so I don't want to be an earth mover any more than I have to! But listening to the tones has helped me find far more than watching the TV mounted on my coil. A long time ago I had a watershed moment after digging a suspender clip and a large cent right after. All tone, no VDI.
:thumbsup: Spot-on.
If only people realised what they left behind with the iffy signals.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions