12/5: Chapter is finally closed!: 1795 Flowing Hair Half Dime! SOLD!

burlbark

Mar 5, 2011
Re: 1795 Half Dime! This is what it's all about!!!

treasurepirate1 said:

If you see the one that is buy it now for $8500, there is rim damage on the front and back. Also look at the 7, appears to be to much silver buildup in that area. There are to many raised areas on that coin and I am afraid that it is one of the many 40 year old counterfeits. Not to mention the fact that it has been cleaned. Just look at he eagles wings all built up, it appears that this one was not caught by the grading service. Buildup occurs when the coins are cast from a mold.

I stand by my estimation of AU-53 for Neil....... It is a much nicer coin than this slabbed ebay unknown. Not to mention Neils is a "rare coin" allowing grading to even be a little more forgiving. :laughing7: AU-55 or better?

Upvote 0

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Neil, Congrats on the sale. I sell alot on EBAY,(as you know). Personally.....I would have never had it encapsulated and graded. Almost always come back as "corroded" or damaged. Most collectors like to examine these "in the metal", so grading is kind of a waste of $. Doesn't surprise me as to the issue you had with the buyer. The A$$H... got a hell of a price as it was. I like cash! As long as you take a pic and put it on your wall, that's all the "keepsake" I need! :thumbsup: Congrats my friend.....and many more! Keep in touch..............Hogge

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread