Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Jul 2010
    SS of MA.
    Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac w/Sunray probe and 15' WoTcoil.
    86 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

Day 6, 6th copper and some other goodies. Mystery coin. ID experts needed!

Found a new spot today and my second signal was the copper. No idea what it is. Thinking maybe a georgie but I'm not sure. Also curious on the lead piece I found. Was deep in the woods next to a stream.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0847.JPG 
Views:	362 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	505513   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0850.JPG 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	505514   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0851.JPG 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	505515   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0852.JPG 
Views:	359 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	505516   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0853.JPG 
Views:	364 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	505517  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0854.JPG 
Views:	360 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	505518   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0855.JPG 
Views:	367 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	505519   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0856.JPG 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	505520   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0857.JPG 
Views:	356 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	505521   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0858.JPG 
Views:	357 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	505522  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0859.JPG 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	505523   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0860.JPG 
Views:	357 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	505524  

us
    Jul 2010
    SS of MA.
    86 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Re: Day 6th, 6th copper and some other goodies. Mystery coin. ID experts needed!

more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0861.JPG 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	505526   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0862.JPG 
Views:	354 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	505527  

May 2005
    Maine
    Minelab Etrac Fisher F75 SE
    8 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Re: Day 6th, 6th copper and some other goodies. Mystery coin. ID experts needed!

Looks like a KG.

Looks like the exurge line is in the second to last pic at 6 o'clock. Appears to be a 7 as second digit. I would think you could pull a date off of it if thats a 7 I see.
    1783 CFT. KG III 1/2 Penny (25-83A)-1 of 3 known *Sold $3,750, Vermont Landscape Coppers Ryder 6 *Sold $760, Ryder7 (Avatar)** Sold $1,275*,1st Batt Royal Artillery Cartridge Box Sling Belt Tip* SOLD $1,583*,(3)- GW Inaugural Buttons-2-Cobb# 17-J.* Sold both--$405 and $400. *GW Button Cobb 17-I-*Sold $316- New Jersey Copper M14-J Sold $125- Continental Army Button *Sold $800.....To be continued

us
    Jul 2010
    SS of MA.
    86 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Quote Originally Posted by hogge
    Looks like the exurge line is in the second to last pic at 6 o'clock. Appears to be a 7 as second digit. I would think you could pull a date off of it if thats a 7 I see.
    Yeah, that's what made me think it was a geroge...any tips on maybe getting that date to come out a bit more?

Re: Day 6, 6th copper and some other goodies. Mystery coin. ID experts needed!

Hmmmn, not convinced it is a King George Copper. Maybe a few more full shots on different angles, trying to see where the letters are in relation to where BRITANNIA should be and does not seem to match, nor the outline that is visible to the lower right side above the line. I know, it appears to be one of those coins where you must move it around under magnified lighting to get a better idea.
    Any chance you can weigh it and measure the avg diameter? I thought I could see remnants of denticles on the first photo, but my eyes could be playing tricks.

Don
    "The mantra has always been don't clean a (copper) coin or it will lose value.
    For undug coins this is true. For dug coins this is untrue.
    The value will increase with judicious cleaning."

Most likely King George III but in that condition you'll never know for sure. Just matching one letter (or a non match) will greatly sway whether it is or isn't.

us
    Nov 2008
    10 times
    Banner Finds (1)

i cant say! my gut feeling says george. great hunt bud your on a roll. willy

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Patch

Most likely King George III but in that condition you'll never know for sure. Just matching one letter (or a non match) will greatly sway whether it is or isn't.
    Yup, that is why I said what I said, but one other thing bothers me, it appears a tad thicker than a KGIII, but a side by side would be needed to get the real sense of that thickness. That is why weight would help on this one, if that is in the under 115 grains, than most likely a KGIII, if heavier, then could be something else and I do have a something else in mind.

us
    Jul 2010
    SS of MA.
    86 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Don in SJ

Yup, that is why I said what I said, but one other thing bothers me, it appears a tad thicker than a KGIII, but a side by side would be needed to get the real sense of that thickness. That is why weight would help on this one, if that is in the under 115 grains, than most likely a KGIII, if heavier, then could be something else and I do have a something else in mind.

Just out of curiosity, what else do you have in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazySlasher
    Quote Originally Posted by Don in SJ

Just out of curiosity, what else do you have in mind?
    With no weight, no something else in mind!

us
    My Find of a Lifetime!

Oct 2006
    Philadelphia Area
    Excalibur 1000, Teknetics T2 SE
    225 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors