Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tenn. Trio: Josh Digs ANOTHER CW Eagle Button-Dman & VOL Go Colonial

Josh had an opportunity to dig a few CS relics yesterday while Dman and I were working. You can see from the first pic that he had a good 2 hour hunt. The coat size GS Eagle button is Josh's 4th Eagle button in a little over 3 weeks (all but one from CS Camps). From the letters on the back that he could read, I believe it's a Waterbury back mark and it had a solid shank. If you read our posts, you know that whoever found the last Eagle button buys lunch until one other member of the Trio digs one. Dman says that he never expects to find another one-LOL. Dman thinks that we have created a Relic Digging Monster. WTG Josh.
Today while Josh was working, Dman and I returned to the site that has a Yankee CW Camp on one end of the field and a Colonial site that we discovered last Spring on the other end. Our article entitled "Civil War/Colonial Overlay Site Relics" published in the last October issue of W & E Treasures Magazine describes our experiences digging there. We mainly hunted the Colonial site today as the grass was just a little too high in the U.S. Infantry Camp. Dman dug a fired round pistol ball and I dug a .31 cal. ball cut half in two in the Yankee Camp. We didn't hunt long there as we were afraid that one of use would find an Eagle button-LOL.
Our Colonial finds from the late 1700s site are shown in the last two pics. Dman dug the 3 knife pieces and the end of a 2 prong fork. He said he had enough eating utensils to open a "Colonial Waffle House"-LOL. He dug two of the flat buttons. I dug the other large one in the last pic that has 4 holes and is backmarked "London". Maybe the Pennsylvania Colonial Consortium of Kirk, Kyle, or Chris can give us some info. on it. I also dug the brass "V" that looks like it came from a hat . It had an attachment type device on the back. Dman said it may have been a "W". Any info. on it would be appreciated. The trio reunites at the end of the week so stay tuned. Thanks for looking and happy hunting from Dman, Josh, and myself, Quindy.

Attachments

• Josh at CS Camp 3-7-2011.jpg
    Josh at CS Camp 3-7-2011.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 597
  • Dman & VOL at Colonial Spring 3-8-11.jpg
    Dman & VOL at Colonial Spring 3-8-11.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 613
  • Colonial Spring Site.jpg
    Colonial Spring Site.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 612
Upvote 0

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Tenn. Trio: Josh Digs ANOTHER CW Eagle Button-Dman & VOL Go Colonial

Middle TN has some hot Colonial spots I see. :icon_thumleft: You guys had a nice hunt, Quindy. :headbang: I believe the 4-hole button is an early underwear button. :dontknow: I have found them at early sites in the past. It is nice to see TN coughing up 18th century finds.

Kirk :hello:

rebelrouser

Dec 4, 2008

i really enjoy seeing your relics. hope when you get together later you find some more good stuff.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Kirk PA said:
Middle TN has some hot Colonial spots I see. :icon_thumleft: You guys had a nice hunt, Quindy. :headbang: I believe the 4-hole button is an early underwear button. :dontknow: I have found them at early sites in the past. It is nice to see TN coughing up 18th century finds.

Kirk :hello:
Thanks Kirk. You know the late 1700s Tenn. town as you looked it up last year when Dman dug the 1807 Half reale and 1861 Half Dime there and had predicted that some old silver coins were there. Thanks for the button info. We thought it may be an underwear button because of the 4 holes. The curved blade piece on top looks like it could he a handheld tool for hewing bark from logs but that's just a guess. Thanks, Quindy.
rebelrouser said:
i really enjoy seeing your relics. hope when you get together later you find some more good stuff.
If we don't get too much rain tonight Don, we're going to try. HH, Quindy.

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Nice finds, good idea with the eagle button, buys lunch. I wish I could have talked hillbilly into something like that on Spanish reales. He has dug 2 in my presence in the last Year, but I wouldn't mind buying lunch for my turn at the old Spanish coins,lol.

Bill

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congratulations on your finds Quindy! Looks like you have a fun "crew' to dig with down there in Tenn :laughing7:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

"If you read our posts, you know that whoever found the last Eagle button buys lunch until one other member of the Trio digs one. Dman says that he never expects to find another one-LOL"

Dman has it all figured out. Free lunches for life. :thumbsup:

Josh,
Congrats to you. Looks like you'll be showing Q & Dman how it's really done there in Tenn.
Take it easy on them as they are getting up there in years. Put a few relics in front of them next time so they can feel like they are participating. :tongue3: :laughing9:
(I know I'm going to catch holy H on that one :angry4: )

Great relics for all three of the Tenn Trio. :thumbsup:
Save some for the rest of those folks in Tenn.
-Dug-

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good job Quindy! You and Dman are getting in some quality digs. :icon_thumright:

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro

You guys are unbelievable! Congrats on another batch of fine digs. :icon_thumright:

Q - remember, Dug has now crested the hill and is starting his downward slide :tongue3: - we're gonna have to take it easy on him for a while...LOL

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

nova treasure said:
Nice finds, good idea with the eagle button, buys lunch. I wish I could have talked hillbilly into something like that on Spanish reales. He has dug 2 in my presence in the last Year, but I wouldn't mind buying lunch for my turn at the old Spanish coins,lol.

Bill
Thanks Bill. I thought BB said that HB ALWAYS bought lunch for everyone when they hunted with them-LOL. Hope you guys get out together and dig more Spanish coins soon. HB is going to have his own "RealEity" Show any day now-LOL. HH, Q.
Steve in PA said:
Congratulations on your finds Quindy! Looks like you have a fun "crew' to dig with down there in Tenn :laughing7:
Never a dull moment with that bunch Steve. HH, Quindy.
rtde3 said:
Congrats once again to the Tenn. Trio! :thumbsup:
You guys have been on a big time roll!
That 2 prong fork looks like the one I found a few weeks ago.
Nice batch of finds guys!
Thanks Rob. I'm looking forward to seeing your upcoming article in one of the relic/treasure magazines later this year. Dman's article is tentatively scheduled for June W & E Treasures. His head is big enough now. Pretty soon, there will be Dman bobble head dolls-LOL. HH my friend, Quindy.
ModernMiner said:
"If you read our posts, you know that whoever found the last Eagle button buys lunch until one other member of the Trio digs one. Dman says that he never expects to find another one-LOL"

Dman has it all figured out. Free lunches for life. :thumbsup:

Josh,
Congrats to you. Looks like you'll be showing Q & Dman how it's really done there in Tenn.
Take it easy on them as they are getting up there in years. Put a few relics in front of them next time so they can feel like they are participating. :tongue3: :laughing9:
(I know I'm going to catch holy H on that one :angry4: )

Great relics for all three of the Tenn Trio. :thumbsup:
Save some for the rest of those folks in Tenn.
-Dug-
You will pay for that X10 MM-LOL. When my daughter was in high school, she said that every time that I went relic hunting I brought back a handful of bullets. When would I be satisfied? I told her "When I find EVERYTHING they dropped". HH, Q.
mainer said:
Good job Quindy! You and Dman are getting in some quality digs. :icon_thumright:
Jesse, I knew that Colonial stuff would get you excited. Today, I thought I was hunting an old 1700s home in Maine-except there was no snow and 65 degrees-LOL. Take care Bud, Quindy.
DD-777 said:
You guys are unbelievable! Congrats on another batch of fine digs. :icon_thumright:

Q - remember, Dug has now crested the hill and is starting his downward slide :tongue3: - we're gonna have to take it easy on him for a while...LOL
You are so right Andy. He's in the twilight of his years-LOL. HH Buddy, Quindy.

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other

Bill

Thanks Bill. I thought BB said that HB ALWAYS bought lunch for everyone when they hunted with them-LOL. Hope you guys get out together and dig more Spanish coins soon. HB is going to have his own "RealEity" Show any day now-LOL. HH, Q.

Yep, Josh is going to go broke if he doesn't quit finding Eagles. As far as Bill goes, I can only put him were the finds are, it's up to him to sniff out the Spanish. I'll buy lunch when he finds an Eagle or a Spanish, till then he's buying. By the way thanks for lunch the other day Bill. :laughing9:
Good stuff Quindy, you guys always come home with something good. I'm hoping to get out this weekend and sniff out some more Colonial goodies. Bill, you be ready, I'm going to give you a 15 minute head start. :-*

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:D That was my first thought, HB. Poor Josh is going to have to work overtime just to keep buying lunch for you clowns. :D
Another great hunt in the books! Good luck to ya on the next outing!!!

Nana~

ps.....I'm going to replace that white towel you're using for a black one so's I can see the white marbles that Burt finds. ;D

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Hill Billy said:

Bill

Yep, Josh is going to go broke if he doesn't quit finding Eagles. As far as Bill goes, I can only put him were the finds are, it's up to him to sniff out the Spanish. I'll buy lunch when he finds an Eagle or a Spanish, till then he's buying. By the way thanks for lunch the other day Bill. :laughing9:
Good stuff Quindy, you guys always come home with something good. I'm hoping to get out this weekend and sniff out some more Colonial goodies. Bill, you be ready, I'm going to give you a 15 minute head start. :-*
I wish you guys some great finds HB. Thanks for looking and HH, Quindy.
Nana40 said:
:D That was my first thought, HB. Poor Josh is going to have to work overtime just to keep buying lunch for you clowns. :D
Another great hunt in the books! Good luck to ya on the next outing!!!

Nana~

ps.....I'm going to replace that white towel you're using for a black one so's I can see the white marbles that Burt finds. ;D
My bad Nana. I did not realize that Dman did not display the marble. That white towel will need washing again soon Southern Belle. I hope you and Lisa can get out after the flood this weekend, Q.

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Hill Billy said:

Bill

Funny HB, you dug the first reale at my site. but it don't matter, be ready to buy lunch this weekend. If it ever quits raining and dries up some, I will put us both on some Eagles.

Bill

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other

[Funny HB, you dug the first reale at my site. but it don't matter, be ready to buy lunch this weekend. If it ever quits raining and dries up some, I will put us both on some Eagles.

Bill/quote]

You sure did, only thing is, I sniffed that one out from under you too. Heck I'll buy lunch and give you a 15 minute head start.

See what you started Quindy :laughing9:

Dixiedigger

Dec 2, 2009
Southern Middle TN
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Fisher f75

And you thought this place was hunted out!!! Great finds. Hope to see you soon.

sekypaleo

Jan 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 with 13" Ultimate coil, AKA Sorex Pro, Eurotek Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great relics Quindy...always love reading your posts!

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Hill Billy said:
[Funny HB, you dug the first reale at my site. but it don't matter, be ready to buy lunch this weekend. If it ever quits raining and dries up some, I will put us both on some Eagles.

Bill/quote]

You sure did, only thing is, I sniffed that one out from under you too. Heck I'll buy lunch and give you a 15 minute head start.

See what you started Quindy :laughing9:
Feed Bill a boloney sandwich on Saturday HB-you never said WHAT lunch would be-LOL. Hope you guys find some more good stuff, Quindy.
Dixiedigger said:
And you thought this place was hunted out!!! Great finds. Hope to see you soon.
I was surprised Andy. The first signal on my F75 was that 4 hole flat button and Doug found a big one about 10 minutes later with his F75. We thought that we werre in for a big day but that was not the case. HH, Quindy.
sekypaleo said:
Great relics Quindy...always love reading your posts!
Thanks SP. I hope you and your Dad can pinpoint the U.S. CW Camp near the picket post this weekend. Good luck, Quindy.

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Awesome finds Quindy. Looks like you guys are having a ball over there. Keep it up. I love seeing your finds.

Tnrelicman

Mar 2, 2010
East Tn
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT but missing my Etrac

I have a feeling this will be a banner year for you guys, keep hauling it in
Guy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread