Fresh late 1800s house tear down. Interesting finds! Two mystery finds.

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
I discovered a late 1800s house tear down while driving through the old part of town yesterday. Had to get there right away and it paid off. The guy that lives next door to it told me someone had already been there earlier that morning, then I saw fresh holes in the front lawn area, left uncovered with mounds of dirt by them. I covered them up, even though it was a house tear down. I have also seen holes just like that left in the local parks here and it makes me mad! I did get two silvers and a few wheat's, the best one is the 1919S. The two mystery items are the long spring hinge item and the steel wheel with the man in the middle. The Knife blade says, ( raw hide. and has a canoe with a man in it, with a cross on the sides of the canoe). Thanks for looking!!

phpcoLoMzAM.jpg

Attachments

• phpGNb0zaAM.jpg
    phpGNb0zaAM.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 1,708
  • phpuCWzOZAM.jpg
    phpuCWzOZAM.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 1,433
  • phpzCxoTuAM.jpg
    phpzCxoTuAM.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 1,374
  • phpwfJRJGAM.jpg
    phpwfJRJGAM.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 1,370
  • phpbsP6AkAM.jpg
    phpbsP6AkAM.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 1,379
  • phpViXoLfAM.jpg
    phpViXoLfAM.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 1,374
  • php00aeK0AM.jpg
    php00aeK0AM.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 1,349
  • phpyECOFiAM.jpg
    phpyECOFiAM.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 1,361
  • php06Rs8OAM.jpg
    php06Rs8OAM.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 1,376
Upvote 0

RFrady

Jan 16, 2011
Steilacoom, WA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree that the clip is a business card holder. The knife is Queen steel. My grandfather gave me his.

OP
OP
history hunter

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
NHBandit said:
The "long spring hinge thing" could maybe be a holder for business cards ? Is it the right size for that ?

It is a little narrow.

The Swed Hunther

Aug 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
Xp Gold Maxx Power 18kHz
I take my hat of for you, its not to many that cover up others holes!
And the finds are interesting, the knife looks like an Queen Rawhide American pocket knife , 1405 Canoe 1980 or 1982 :read2:

HH//TSH

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Nice look haul on such a short time to get it done in. Its very considerate of you to correct another detectorist mistakes, things like that give us all a bad name. Good things come to good people :wink:

swish

Feb 28, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
whites m6 and mxt pro
you need to track the guy down that's leaving the holes. pretty soon the parks will be off limits. great looking silver.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the Lead Plane :icon_thumright:

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great looking hunt!!!!!! MR TUFF

jayallday01

Tenderfoot
Sep 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab's E-trac, Excal 1000, Quattro
Hello HistoryHunter....I yet to see anyone detecting around here, and then found out that you detect. I ALWAYS fill my holes and try my best to leave where I hunt as it was prior to my digging. I dont know if you are an Abilene native, but if its fun here..its probably soon to be illegal!! Just my observation.

bradyglover

Feb 21, 2011
springdale pa
Detector(s) used
minelab safari
Yea that hole thing drives me crazy also havent been diggen for more then 3 years but when someone tells me no [ iv seen what u guys do to peoples lowns ] i get a little red
im the same way i would have filled them up no matter what its like just what we do LOL
Cool stuff keep on diggen Brady :thumbsup:

aarr

Mar 2, 2011
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Nice find all around. First you find a good spot to dig, and find cool stuff ( nice silver, sorry love coins). And to top it all off now your on the hot trail of an inconsiderate *#%$*#*#*$$^!! ......... sorry. Good job and nice finds. And " YES " do try to find out who the ..... :help:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions