War of 1812 Crumpton Artillery Corps Button, 1895-S Barber Half Dollar & more!

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
War of 1812 Crumpton Artillery Corps Button, 1895-S Barber Half Dollar & more!

Hey Guys, well I got back out to one of my new field sites this past weekend and was planning on trying to find some hot spots around it. This field sits not far from the

Battle of Burnt Chimneys and was all part of the Peninsular/Seven Days Campaigns. My first good signal turned out to be a Confederate Gardner (2-Ringer) which made me

happy as it was the first Civil War relic of the site. I was happy with it and just settling into the hunt when I was suddenly overtaken by a MASSIVE storm. The wind

started blowing 40-50 mph snapping tree limbs, sending a TON of this Sandy SE Virginia soil into the air and generally Downpouring on top of me! I hauled tail back to the

truck to wait it out and as ominous as it was, it literally passed in about 15 minutes and with no more storms in site according to the weather radar on my phone, I hopped

back out of the truck to blue skies and sunshine. As I walked back onto the field, there hanging gloriously above me

was one of the coolest rainbows I’ve ever seen stretching all the way across the field!

MD Pics 1357ed.jpg

I Quickly ran over there and detected but No Joy, NO POT OF GOLD!? :dontknow: :laughing9: But it was very cool and I took it as a sign of some good things to come.

In front of this field is an 1850s era house that I’ve also got permission to hunt and had produced the Barber Half on my last hunt . I ended up digging a Largie out

of the yard and between the housesite and the field, I ended the day with a nice full pouch including my last find of the day, which was a Beautiful Early 1800’s Crumpton

Artillery Corps Button! Here’s my finds:

Some of the days Bullets:
CIMG0149.jpg

CIMG0135.jpg

CIMG0138.jpg

Finds fresh from the Pouch:
CIMG0140.jpg

1895-S Barber Half Dollar (Dirty):
MD Pics 1315.jpg

1895-S Barber Half Dollar(Cleaned):
1895 Barber Half-Dirty.jpg

Early 1800's Crumpton Artillery Corps Button
MD Pics 1341.jpg

1840s Braided Hair LC
22043_10_03_11_11_26_57.jpeg

Some Group Shots (Spencer, Gardner, Percussion Caps, a strange "Wrench" made from lead (maybe a homemade "nipple" wrench), solid silver ring, '65, '73,'76 '83, & '88 Injuns as well as other things are in the mix):
1895-S Barber Half Dollar Cleaned.jpg

War of 1812 Artillery Corps Button.jpg

MD Pics 1350.jpg

CIMG0148.jpg

Attachments

• CIMG0149.jpg
    CIMG0149.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 1,122
Upvote 0

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: War of 1812 Crumpton Artillery Corps Button, 1895-S Barber Half Dollar & more!

DMN said:
Might have missed it...what was the date of the large cent? And you sure dig the heck out of that field! Got to be more.

I couldn't quite make out the date on it but it looks like its 1840s something....cannot make out the last digit, in fact the whole date is hard to see and was only able to see those numbers with my jewelers loop.

CMDiamonddawg said:
Josh , Outstanding finds and pictures . The rainbow is an omen of your continued success in the future . :icon_sunny: I am recovering nicely from not getting the addicting J Team " finds fix " back in 2010 . A few more months in rehab and I'll be back to better appreciating and accepting your finds as an lone , individual hunter . :D Miss the duo hunts and hope your both doing well !! Great Hunt J :occasion14: :headbang: :headbang: :icon_thumleft: dawg

DAWG!! Whats up man.....Yeah we both miss digging as well......Im still out there cranking it lonewolf style but if I know Jeff, he'll return to Virginia! ;D Yeah it takes several months to over a year to recover from that addiction ;D ;D LOL...Good to here from you brutha

jamesbibb said:
{Sentinel} said:
Antiquarian said:
Hey Sentinel . . . you just kill me with the stuff you find man! :notworthy:

Congrats on the beautiful Crumpton Artillery Corps Button
and on the Barber half buddy! :icon_thumright:

Dave

Thanks Antiquarian. I always look forward to your posts as they're always positive. Thanks brutha and if you're ever down this way, shoot me a PM :wink: :icon_thumleft:

Woodland Detectors said:
Josh, you continue to amaze me with that machine buddy. Alot of grunting going on in that video bro :D

Super finds as usual.

Mike

Thanks Mike....Yeah, the "grunting" was due to the fact I pulled my back muscle the night before and was REALLY sore...that and the frustration trying to film with a camera phone, a pain sometimes :P :laughing7:

Look Josh you have to plan your"Night Work" around the detecting! Thats the only way to be sure that you will be good for a long days detecting.

The bullets are awesome and the button is killer! WTG some great finds for sure :headbang:

Damn James you're GOOD! How the hail did you know that's how I hurt my back??? :o :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: War of 1812 Crumpton Artillery Corps Button, 1895-S Barber Half Dollar & more!

Whats not to like about the button 8) :headbang:

Ron P

Apr 14, 2009
Cary, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250

:icon_thumleft: You always have great finds!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

So I'm going to be looking for a rainbow tomorrow too! ;D :wink: LC's, old buttons, bullets and silver...and that ring is nice too!!! 8) Always enjoy the vid's and seeing what you're diggin' up, Senti!! :notworthy:

Nana :wink:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It sure looks like you are on the mother lode for sure. What good days haul of relics spanning a 100 years it looks like. i would be very happy wIth a site like that knowing there is more waiting to be found.
Nice hunt sir!
TnMtns

Nate in Ga

Apr 2, 2009
usa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I wish I had such amazing hunts that I did amazing visual aids and videos with random mercury dimes and indian head pennies stroon about the backround of my pictures that arent even worth really mentioning..... awesome finds man :hello2:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Joshmeister,
You my kind Sir are The Man!!! :hello2: :notworthy: Amazing finds. I'm loving that Barber Half. :thumbsup:
I could retire for the year if I had a haul like this. :tongue3: :laughing9:
Thanks for the videos. I always like watching them.
A toast to you! :occasion14:
-Dug-

Attachments

• MD_Pics_1315.jpg
    MD_Pics_1315.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 520
OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

kuger said:
As usual Josh,great finds!!I dug a key date Barber quarter a couple years ago in a period camp(way out of place)and sold it for a hefty price.I like finding valuable non-period items,easy to sell,and pays the way!! :thumbsup:

Yeah, I was surprised that they have this one in similar condition listed at $135 on PCGS. Yes, I agree with you about these silvers paying! :icon_thumleft: :wink:

CRUSADER said:
Whats not to like about the button 8) :headbang:

Thanks Cru, I'm partial to the Military Buttons myself, they are really my favorite thing to dig :icon_thumleft: :wink:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

{Sentinel} said:
Antiquarian said:

Dave

Thanks Antiquarian. I always look forward to your posts as they're always positive. Thanks brutha and if you're ever down this way, shoot me a PM :wink: :icon_thumleft:

Thanks very much for the invitation Josh and thanks also for the compliment about my posts.
I've found the majority of the Tnet members here to be extremely helpful and very decent people!

Besides, my mother taught me . . . "if you can't say something nice , then don't say anything at all!" :laughing7:

Great posts and love your finds man! :notworthy:

HH,
Dave

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

{Sentinel} said:
DMN said:
Might have missed it...what was the date of the large cent? And you sure dig the heck out of that field! Got to be more.

I couldn't quite make out the date on it but it looks like its 1840s something....cannot make out the last digit, in fact the whole date is hard to see and was only able to see those numbers with my jewelers loop.

CMDiamonddawg said:
Josh , Outstanding finds and pictures . The rainbow is an omen of your continued success in the future . :icon_sunny: I am recovering nicely from not getting the addicting J Team " finds fix " back in 2010 . A few more months in rehab and I'll be back to better appreciating and accepting your finds as an lone , individual hunter . :D Miss the duo hunts and hope your both doing well !! Great Hunt J :occasion14: :headbang: :headbang: :icon_thumleft: dawg

DAWG!! Whats up man.....Yeah we both miss digging as well......Im still out there cranking it lonewolf style but if I know Jeff, he'll return to Virginia! ;D Yeah it takes several months to over a year to recover from that addiction ;D ;D LOL...Good to here from you brutha

jamesbibb said:
{Sentinel} said:
Antiquarian said:

Dave

Woodland Detectors said:
Josh, you continue to amaze me with that machine buddy. Alot of grunting going on in that video bro :D

Super finds as usual.

Mike

Thanks Mike....Yeah, the "grunting" was due to the fact I pulled my back muscle the night before and was REALLY sore...that and the frustration trying to film with a camera phone, a pain sometimes :P :laughing7:

Look Josh you have to plan your"Night Work" around the detecting! Thats the only way to be sure that you will be good for a long days detecting.

The bullets are awesome and the button is killer! WTG some great finds for sure :headbang:

Damn James you're GOOD! How the hail did you know that's how I hurt my back??? :o :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

LOL :laughing7:

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ron P said:
:icon_thumleft: You always have great finds!

Thanks Ron :wink:

Nana40 said:
So I'm going to be looking for a rainbow tomorrow too! ;D :wink: LC's, old buttons, bullets and silver...and that ring is nice too!!! 8) Always enjoy the vid's and seeing what you're diggin' up, Senti!! :notworthy:

Nana :wink:

You're a Southern Lady of the Highest Order! Thanks Nana! :wink:

TnMountains said:
It sure looks like you are on the mother lode for sure. What good days haul of relics spanning a 100 years it looks like. i would be very happy wIth a site like that knowing there is more waiting to be found.
Nice hunt sir!
TnMtns

Thanks man. It seems t here will be some more very nice goodies in this field...like I said above, I could hunt here for months on in its so large.

midwestterror said:
I wish I had such amazing hunts that I did amazing visual aids and videos with random mercury dimes and indian head pennies stroon about the backround of my pictures that arent even worth really mentioning..... awesome finds man :hello2:

Research is a good way to locate this stuff but I'll tell you, sometimes you find the good stuff when you least expect it and in the most far fetched places :laughing9:

ModernMiner said:
Joshmeister,
You my kind Sir are The Man!!! :hello2: :notworthy: Amazing finds. I'm loving that Barber Half. :thumbsup:
I could retire for the year if I had a haul like this. :tongue3: :laughing9:
Thanks for the videos. I always like watching them.
A toast to you! :occasion14:
-Dug-

Thanks Brutha.....You the man as well :D :wink: Let's toast to it with a beer :occasion14: ;D :wink:

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Great Selection of finds, it's like pieces of a puzzle to a historical lesson.

the rainbow was a beautiful pic, but your day of detecting always seems to finish with alittle treasure in the end. :thumbsup:.

Bill

Nutriasub

Nov 16, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Garret Pro Pointer

What a nice day, I´m sure looking after your finds that you where right under the rainbow.

I especially like the button, beautiful!

Cheers

Nutria

derfel

Feb 6, 2008

Congratulations on your button, very well done

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

:thumbsup:

The Swed Hunther

Aug 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
Xp Gold Maxx Power 18kHz

{Sentinel} said:
gleaner1 said:
Sentinel, clearly you are on top of your game. :icon_thumleft:

Thanks Gleaner :icon_thumleft: :wink:

dfx willy said:
VERY NICE! well done on everything. :icon_thumleft: willy

You the man Willy :wink: :icon_thumleft:

The Swed Hunther said:
Wonderful story Sentinel,
and the rainbow was awesome! Nice finds to, you dig get lucky that the storm passed after 15min, hope you fin more over there
maby a pot of gold? :wink:

HH//TSH

Thanks Swed. I bet you've found some pretty significant finds there in Sweden; lots of Viking relics I would think. Thanks buddy :icon_thumleft: :wink:

I hope we will this year! I have som sites going on, one of this involvs an older BIG house site, so im just waiting for the snow to go away.
No viking stuff yet, but we can hope ;D

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nova treasure said:
Great Selection of finds, it's like pieces of a puzzle to a historical lesson.

the rainbow was a beautiful pic, but your day of detecting always seems to finish with alittle treasure in the end. :thumbsup:.

Bill

Thanks Nova Treasure, yeah when Im lucky I walk away with something in the pouch which is always a welcome occasion.

Nutriasub said:
What a nice day, I´m sure looking after your finds that you where right under the rainbow.

I especially like the button, beautiful!

Cheers

Nutria

Thanks buddy, the ole Crump is one of my favorite buttons for the design; very nice one indeed! :icon_thumleft: :wink:

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A nice grouping of finds ! Love the Crumpton button ! nice digs and post ! MaineRelic

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WOW! What a hunt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread