War of 1812 Crumpton Artillery Corps Button, 1895-S Barber Half Dollar & more!

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
War of 1812 Crumpton Artillery Corps Button, 1895-S Barber Half Dollar & more!

Hey Guys, well I got back out to one of my new field sites this past weekend and was planning on trying to find some hot spots around it. This field sits not far from the

Battle of Burnt Chimneys and was all part of the Peninsular/Seven Days Campaigns. My first good signal turned out to be a Confederate Gardner (2-Ringer) which made me

happy as it was the first Civil War relic of the site. I was happy with it and just settling into the hunt when I was suddenly overtaken by a MASSIVE storm. The wind

started blowing 40-50 mph snapping tree limbs, sending a TON of this Sandy SE Virginia soil into the air and generally Downpouring on top of me! I hauled tail back to the

truck to wait it out and as ominous as it was, it literally passed in about 15 minutes and with no more storms in site according to the weather radar on my phone, I hopped

back out of the truck to blue skies and sunshine. As I walked back onto the field, there hanging gloriously above me

was one of the coolest rainbows I’ve ever seen stretching all the way across the field!

MD Pics 1357ed.jpg

I Quickly ran over there and detected but No Joy, NO POT OF GOLD!? :dontknow: :laughing9: But it was very cool and I took it as a sign of some good things to come.

In front of this field is an 1850s era house that I’ve also got permission to hunt and had produced the Barber Half on my last hunt . I ended up digging a Largie out

of the yard and between the housesite and the field, I ended the day with a nice full pouch including my last find of the day, which was a Beautiful Early 1800’s Crumpton

Artillery Corps Button! Here’s my finds:

Some of the days Bullets:
CIMG0149.jpg

CIMG0135.jpg

CIMG0138.jpg

Finds fresh from the Pouch:
CIMG0140.jpg

1895-S Barber Half Dollar (Dirty):
MD Pics 1315.jpg

1895-S Barber Half Dollar(Cleaned):
1895 Barber Half-Dirty.jpg

Early 1800's Crumpton Artillery Corps Button
MD Pics 1341.jpg

1840s Braided Hair LC
22043_10_03_11_11_26_57.jpeg

Some Group Shots (Spencer, Gardner, Percussion Caps, a strange "Wrench" made from lead (maybe a homemade "nipple" wrench), solid silver ring, '65, '73,'76 '83, & '88 Injuns as well as other things are in the mix):
1895-S Barber Half Dollar Cleaned.jpg

War of 1812 Artillery Corps Button.jpg

MD Pics 1350.jpg

CIMG0148.jpg

Attachments

• CIMG0149.jpg
    CIMG0149.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 1,122
Upvote 0

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: War of 1812 Crumpton Artillery Corps Button, 1895-S Barber Half Dollar & more!

I still think you are one of the best hunters riliquias of USA and I really like the presentation of the post.
Pretty good bunch of relics! :thumbsup:
H

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: War of 1812 Crumpton Artillery Corps Button, 1895-S Barber Half Dollar & more!

MaineRelic said:
A nice grouping of finds ! Love the Crumpton button ! nice digs and post ! MaineRelic

Thanks bud. I feel another Mass Copper coming your way this spring! :wink: :icon_thumleft:

Hill Billy said:
Carry on Josh with the great finds,you never stop.

Hill

Thanks Bill Hilly.....I mean Hill Billy ;D I feel some good finds are going to pop out of that Kentucky ground for you this spring also bud! :wink: :icon_thumleft:

HISPAN said:
I still think you are one of the best hunters riliquias of USA and I really like the presentation of the post.
Pretty good bunch of relics! :thumbsup:
H

Thanks very much Hispan, I take that as a compliment and you know the feeling is mutual as I've told you many times in the past my relic hunting pisan! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :wink:

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

what a sweet hunt! very nice button! thats next on my wish list!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds and post !! :icon_thumleft: :headbang:

Keep @ it and HH !! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread