War of 1812 Crumpton Artillery Corps Button, 1895-S Barber Half Dollar & more!

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
War of 1812 Crumpton Artillery Corps Button, 1895-S Barber Half Dollar & more!

Hey Guys, well I got back out to one of my new field sites this past weekend and was planning on trying to find some hot spots around it. This field sits not far from the

Battle of Burnt Chimneys and was all part of the Peninsular/Seven Days Campaigns. My first good signal turned out to be a Confederate Gardner (2-Ringer) which made me

happy as it was the first Civil War relic of the site. I was happy with it and just settling into the hunt when I was suddenly overtaken by a MASSIVE storm. The wind

started blowing 40-50 mph snapping tree limbs, sending a TON of this Sandy SE Virginia soil into the air and generally Downpouring on top of me! I hauled tail back to the

truck to wait it out and as ominous as it was, it literally passed in about 15 minutes and with no more storms in site according to the weather radar on my phone, I hopped

back out of the truck to blue skies and sunshine. As I walked back onto the field, there hanging gloriously above me

was one of the coolest rainbows I’ve ever seen stretching all the way across the field!

MD Pics 1357ed.jpg

I Quickly ran over there and detected but No Joy, NO POT OF GOLD!? :dontknow: :laughing9: But it was very cool and I took it as a sign of some good things to come.

In front of this field is an 1850s era house that I’ve also got permission to hunt and had produced the Barber Half on my last hunt . I ended up digging a Largie out

of the yard and between the housesite and the field, I ended the day with a nice full pouch including my last find of the day, which was a Beautiful Early 1800’s Crumpton

Artillery Corps Button! Here’s my finds:

Some of the days Bullets:
CIMG0149.jpg

CIMG0135.jpg

CIMG0138.jpg

Finds fresh from the Pouch:
CIMG0140.jpg

1895-S Barber Half Dollar (Dirty):
MD Pics 1315.jpg

1895-S Barber Half Dollar(Cleaned):
1895 Barber Half-Dirty.jpg

Early 1800's Crumpton Artillery Corps Button
MD Pics 1341.jpg

1840s Braided Hair LC
22043_10_03_11_11_26_57.jpeg

Some Group Shots (Spencer, Gardner, Percussion Caps, a strange "Wrench" made from lead (maybe a homemade "nipple" wrench), solid silver ring, '65, '73,'76 '83, & '88 Injuns as well as other things are in the mix):
1895-S Barber Half Dollar Cleaned.jpg

War of 1812 Artillery Corps Button.jpg

MD Pics 1350.jpg

CIMG0148.jpg

Attachments

• CIMG0149.jpg
    CIMG0149.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 1,122
Upvote 0

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: War of 1812 Crumpton Artillery Corps Button, 1895-S Barber Half Dollar & more!

That rainbow was working for you... Wow that button is a great find. You had a very, very nice day. Arty

mcmurphi

Feb 5, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX • Fisher CZ-21
Re: War of 1812 Crumpton Artillery Corps Button, 1895-S Barber Half Dollar & more!

Just some very nice finds there. I enjoyed the video and hearty congratulations on digging some nice filthy collectables!

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Excellent Excellent digs sentinal.What is the double ringed item in the 4th pic under the claw lookin thing?HH

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Hey Sentinel . . . you just kill me with the stuff you find man! :notworthy:

Congrats on that beautiful Crumpton Artillery Corps Button
and on the Barber half buddy! :icon_thumright:

Dave

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

artyfacts said:
That rainbow was working for you... Wow that button is a great find. You had a very, very nice day. Arty

Thanks Arty. I WAS hoping for that pot O' Gold but no luck there :laughing9: But I cannot complain as I did find some nice keepers!

gmanlight

Jun 17, 2007
MA NH seacoast
Detector(s) used
what ever works

A very good day indeed.

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jimmy5503 said:
Excellent Excellent digs sentinal.What is the double ringed item in the 4th pic under the claw lookin thing?HH

Alot of new guys sometimes mistake those for sword hangers but its actually a piece of horse tack used for running the reins through

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Josh, you continue to amaze me with that machine buddy. Alot of grunting going on in that video bro :D

Super finds as usual.

Mike

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

{Sentinel} said:
jimmy5503 said:

Alot of new guys sometimes mistake those for sword hangers but its actually a piece of horse tack used for running the reins through

thanx for clarification and again congrats on great digs!

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Antiquarian said:
Hey Sentinel . . . you just kill me with the stuff you find man! :notworthy:

Congrats on the beautiful Crumpton Artillery Corps Button
and on the Barber half buddy! :icon_thumright:

Dave

Thanks Antiquarian. I always look forward to your posts as they're always positive. Thanks brutha and if you're ever down this way, shoot me a PM :wink: :icon_thumleft:

Woodland Detectors said:
Josh, you continue to amaze me with that machine buddy. Alot of grunting going on in that video bro :D

Super finds as usual.

Mike

Thanks Mike....Yeah, the "grunting" was due to the fact I pulled my back muscle the night before and was REALLY sore...that and the frustration trying to film with a camera phone, a pain sometimes :P :laughing7:

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

{Sentinel} said:
Woodland Detectors said:

Super finds as usual.

Mike

Thanks Mike....Yeah, the "grunting" was due to the fact I pulled my back muscle the night before and was REALLY sore...that and the frustration trying to film with a camera phone, a pain sometimes :P :laughing7:
Bummer Josh.

You need to go see the Dr. and get something for that buddy.

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great finds as usual. :icon_thumright:

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

Great coin and button. Looks like you had a great day. I always enjoy your posts.
Dman

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II

Great finds as always. Hope your back gets better.

and I have to hand it to you, you have great eye for photography in my book. I don't know if the Fresh out of the Pouch pic was dumped or arranged like that, but its my favorite pic of this post. Well done :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Woodland Detectors said:
{Sentinel} said:
Woodland Detectors said:

Super finds as usual.

Mike

Bummer Josh.

You need to go see the Dr. and get something for that buddy.

Yeah, I stayed in injured reserve today and made my post instead of diggin'. Hopefully it will feel alittle better by tomorrow or I may do just that..

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Beautiful pics and finds Josh. You made a haul there. I bet Tenn. Josh wishes you lived closer to us so you could buy lunch for Dman and myself instead of him-LOL. I never expect to dig another Eagle button again either (as far as Tenn. Josh knows anyway). Great historic recoveries my friend, Quindy.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very nice outing Josh, I love the artillery button. Looking forward to chatting with you at DIV.

traverdog

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Henderson, Nv
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Beach Surfer

Some great finds and a beautiful barber!!!

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

joeyfresh said:
Great finds as usual. :icon_thumright:

Thanks Joey, hope all is going good up your way buddy :icon_thumleft: :wink:

Dman said:
Great coin and button. Looks like you had a great day. I always enjoy your posts.
Dman

Thanks Dman you always have something nice to say. May I also say that I enjoyed seeing your CSA Buckle in this month's AD and will be looking forward to seeing it in the upcoming W&E~ :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread