War of 1812 Crumpton Artillery Corps Button, 1895-S Barber Half Dollar & more!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    DIG, RECOVER, PRESERVE...THE SCOURGE OF THE DIRT!

Jan 2007
    Virginia
    TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
    274 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (12)

War of 1812 Crumpton Artillery Corps Button, 1895-S Barber Half Dollar & more!

Hey Guys, well I got back out to one of my new field sites this past weekend and was planning on trying to find some hot spots around it. This field sits not far from the

Battle of Burnt Chimneys and was all part of the Peninsular/Seven Days Campaigns. My first good signal turned out to be a Confederate Gardner (2-Ringer) which made me

happy as it was the first Civil War relic of the site. I was happy with it and just settling into the hunt when I was suddenly overtaken by a MASSIVE storm. The wind

started blowing 40-50 mph snapping tree limbs, sending a TON of this Sandy SE Virginia soil into the air and generally Downpouring on top of me! I hauled tail back to the

truck to wait it out and as ominous as it was, it literally passed in about 15 minutes and with no more storms in site according to the weather radar on my phone, I hopped

back out of the truck to blue skies and sunshine. As I walked back onto the field, there hanging gloriously above me

was one of the coolest rainbows I’ve ever seen stretching all the way across the field!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MD Pics 1357ed.jpg 
Views:	1159 
Size:	368.9 KB 
ID:	506772

I Quickly ran over there and detected but No Joy, NO POT OF GOLD!? But it was very cool and I took it as a sign of some good things to come.

In front of this field is an 1850s era house that I’ve also got permission to hunt and had produced the Barber Half on my last hunt . I ended up digging a Largie out

of the yard and between the housesite and the field, I ended the day with a nice full pouch including my last find of the day, which was a Beautiful Early 1800’s Crumpton

Artillery Corps Button! Here’s my finds:

Some of the days Bullets:

Name:	CIMG0149.jpg 
Views:	1122 
Size:	623.0 KB 
ID:	49841

Name:	CIMG0135.jpg 
Views:	1163 
Size:	417.5 KB 
ID:	506763

Name:	CIMG0138.jpg 
Views:	1173 
Size:	444.0 KB 
ID:	506764

Finds fresh from the Pouch:

Name:	CIMG0140.jpg 
Views:	1189 
Size:	436.5 KB 
ID:	506765

1895-S Barber Half Dollar (Dirty):

Name:	MD Pics 1315.jpg 
Views:	1196 
Size:	573.7 KB 
ID:	506766

1895-S Barber Half Dollar(Cleaned):

Name:	1895 Barber Half-Dirty.jpg 
Views:	1226 
Size:	607.5 KB 
ID:	506767

Early 1800's Crumpton Artillery Corps Button

Name:	MD Pics 1341.jpg 
Views:	1162 
Size:	120.8 KB 
ID:	506769

1840s Braided Hair LC

Some Group Shots (Spencer, Gardner, Percussion Caps, a strange "Wrench" made from lead (maybe a homemade "nipple" wrench), solid silver ring, '65, '73,'76 '83, & '88 Injuns as well as other things are in the mix):

Name:	1895-S Barber Half Dollar Cleaned.jpg 
Views:	1234 
Size:	587.5 KB 
ID:	506768

Name:	War of 1812 Artillery Corps Button.jpg 
Views:	1187 
Size:	593.5 KB 
ID:	506770

Name:	MD Pics 1350.jpg 
Views:	1120 
Size:	104.3 KB 
ID:	506771

Name:	CIMG0148.jpg 
Views:	1156 
Size:	545.8 KB 
ID:	506773
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0149.jpg 
Views:	1092 
Size:	623.0 KB 
ID:	506774  

us
    May 2010
    South Jersey
    Whites DFX, MX7
    945 times
    Banner Finds (3)

Re: War of 1812 Crumpton Artillery Corps Button, 1895-S Barber Half Dollar & more!

That rainbow was working for you... Wow that button is a great find. You had a very, very nice day. Arty
    Its a small world until you have to walk somewhere.

us
    Feb 2007
    Tacoma, WA
    White's DFX • Fisher CZ-21
    4 times

Re: War of 1812 Crumpton Artillery Corps Button, 1895-S Barber Half Dollar & more!

Just some very nice finds there. I enjoyed the video and hearty congratulations on digging some nice filthy collectables!
    "Just remember, when the silver coins won't come up, you can't stop em!"  Revised YOGI-ism

us
    May 2005
    Maryland
    MXT
    33 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Excellent Excellent digs sentinal.What is the double ringed item in the 4th pic under the claw lookin thing?HH

ca
    Detect everyday like it's the last day of the season!

Apr 2010
    Upper Canada (Southern Ontario)
    XP Deus 5.2 Lesche - Piranha 35 Shovel 'Garrett Carrot' AT - Pointer
    7001 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Hey Sentinel . . . you just kill me with the stuff you find man!

Congrats on that beautiful Crumpton Artillery Corps Button
    and on the Barber half buddy!

Dave
    “I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
    “Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.”
    “Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.”
    ― John Wayne

Jan 2007
    Virginia
    TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
    274 times
    Banner Finds (12)

Quote Originally Posted by artyfacts
    That rainbow was working for you... Wow that button is a great find. You had a very, very nice day. Arty
    Thanks Arty. I WAS hoping for that pot O' Gold but no luck there But I cannot complain as I did find some nice keepers!

Jun 2007
    MA NH seacoast
    what ever works
    65 times

A very good day indeed.

Jan 2007
    Virginia
    274 times
    Banner Finds (12)

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy5503
    Excellent Excellent digs sentinal.What is the double ringed item in the 4th pic under the claw lookin thing?HH
    Alot of new guys sometimes mistake those for sword hangers but its actually a piece of horse tack used for running the reins through

us
    Nov 2008
    Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
    129 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Josh, you continue to amaze me with that machine buddy. Alot of grunting going on in that video bro

Super finds as usual.

Mike

us
    May 2005
    Maryland
    MXT
    33 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by {Sentinel}
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy5503
    Alot of new guys sometimes mistake those for sword hangers but its actually a piece of horse tack used for running the reins through
    thanx for clarification and again congrats on great digs!

Jan 2007
    Virginia
    274 times
    Banner Finds (12)

Quote Originally Posted by Antiquarian
    Hey Sentinel . . . you just kill me with the stuff you find man!

Congrats on the beautiful Crumpton Artillery Corps Button
    and on the Barber half buddy!

Dave
    Thanks Antiquarian. I always look forward to your posts as they're always positive. Thanks brutha and if you're ever down this way, shoot me a PM

Quote Originally Posted by Woodland Detectors
    Josh, you continue to amaze me with that machine buddy. Alot of grunting going on in that video bro

Super finds as usual.

Mike
    Thanks Mike....Yeah, the "grunting" was due to the fact I pulled my back muscle the night before and was REALLY sore...that and the frustration trying to film with a camera phone, a pain sometimes :P

us
    Nov 2008
    Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
    129 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Quote Originally Posted by {Sentinel}
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodland Detectors

Super finds as usual.

Mike
    Thanks Mike....Yeah, the "grunting" was due to the fact I pulled my back muscle the night before and was REALLY sore...that and the frustration trying to film with a camera phone, a pain sometimes :P
    Bummer Josh.

You need to go see the Dr. and get something for that buddy.

us
    Dec 2006
    Colonial Virginia
    XP Deus Teknetics T2
    1387 times
    Banner Finds (2)

Great finds as usual.

us
    Feb 2006
    Tennessee
    Minelab EXPLORER SE
    325 times
    Banner Finds (2)

Great coin and button. Looks like you had a great day. I always enjoy your posts.
    Dman

us
    Mar 2007
    SE Virginia
    Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
    99 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Great finds as always. Hope your back gets better.

and I have to hand it to you, you have great eye for photography in my book. I don't know if the Fresh out of the Pouch pic was dumped or arranged like that, but its my favorite pic of this post. Well done

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links