Metal Magnet

Bronze Member
Oct 26, 2010
OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it's been a while since I have posted, but I figured I would throw a combined hunts post out. First off, I have been detecting for a very short amount of time and absolutely love it. I am very addicted to this hobby. It's something that I had been wanting to do since I was like 10 years old. I started with a Tesoro Compadre and quickly upgraded to the Silver uMax with stock coil. I will be getting the 10x12 coil here and can't wait. And I really love this forum - the quality of finds is absolutely amazing and inspiring. So, thanx everyone for sharing and keeping us hungry!

Okay, we'll start with a small sampling of the clad I have found. These are today's finds at a ball field and some copper I found at an old farmhouse:

clad and copper.jpg

Next are some buckles that I found at another older farmhouse and a Guard lock that humorously says "rustless" on it. Of course, it's rusted to high heaven. The small cylinder is a spent shell with a "C" on the end. The marble was found at an old community park near me. And the key is a Samsonite key. I haven't researched it.

locks and buckles.jpg

I found this silver CZ ring at another very old park. It was my first silver ring and I about had a heart attack when I pulled it out of the ground. It was only about an inch down and the stones were facing downward. Honestly, I thought it was a pull tab or something b/se it was very tarnished. Man, that got my heart beating and pretty much cemented my addiction.

silver cz ring.jpg

I was on vacation in Raleigh NC recently and found this silver ring about 10 minutes into a park hunt. I also found a gold plated bracelet that got the ticker pounding and a die cast religious pendant.

silver cross ring.jpg

And this past week I finally got some gold when I pulled this 14k white gold ring out of a ball field outfield. To say I yelled would be an understatement. I think I scared some children nearby. I honestly thought it was silver when it came out of the ground and about blew a gasket when I saw the 14k on the inside of the band.

14k white gold ring.jpg

I am really hoping for some silver coins soon. It's crazy how they have alluded me. You just never know what you are going to pull out of the ground. When I go out swinging that detector, I feel like I am instantly transported back to when I was a kid. Full of wonder and expectation.

Upvote 0

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
I enjoyed the way you posted this! As I scrolled down for each description and photo, it felt like being in the field with you! Way to go on those rings! Yeah, it's like being a kid again for sure, rather than the senior citizen I am. More adventures await all of us! Andi

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
again nice digs!~

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
You're gonna be a ring collector pretty soon with that kind of luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread