1st silver!

I

imograss

know this aint much for the experienced pro's. I've had my detector far just over a month now (Titan 3000 XD) I have found lots of clad but today found my first 2 silver. A 1961 quarter and a 1941 Merc. dime, and also this old metal army man. It's fairly heavy and the only #'s I can find on him are 45/9? these are on his back in that pattern He's about 3" tall. Sorry for the poor pic.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? 1? ?

Upvote 0

Coin_Saver

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
found my first silver quarte about the same year! (1964) but right after that i found a 1942 quarter, very nice! only found 1 mercry dime (1940) its in okay cond pretty good, dont worry about the pic i dont have a cam i SCAN!! ;D :D :D :D ;D HH CoinS (golddigger)

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Great work, imograss. Nothing like your first silver and your first Mercury dime or any coin like it that's not in circulation any longer. It took me much longer than a month. You are way ahead of the game.

OP
OP
I

imograss

Thanks. Anyone have any info on the army man? Not sure it it's a common find. It looks to be in WWll uniform. I just know that all my army men were plastic when I was little,

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Imograss! 8) Gotta love those silvers. No idea on the army guy, but i would imagine it's old

OP
OP
I

imograss

Yep, I'm hooked. This is starting to cut into my fishing time :o

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Glad to hear you're hooked, imograss. Another question - what does your symbol in the avatar mean?

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
imograss said:
Yep, I'm hooked. This is starting to cut into my fishing time :o

?
I hear that, as i'm in the same boat (pun int ;D) I havent been out and caught trout in months. Just cant shake this MDing bug. Will have to do some this winter, as i fish year round.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
WTG,,, Not sure about the Army Guy, but they sure don't make em like that anymore... I'd say " it's a keeper... "

D

David in Alabama

congrats on the finds. i used to have some soldiers kind like that. they were my dads as a boy and were ww2. my oldest now has them. mine are circa 1948

D

David in Alabama

I live on Lewis Smith Lake on the walker/cullman/winston county lines near the dam. I know of quite a few old homesteads etc within an hour of me if you think you might be interested one day.

OP
OP
I

imograss

The avatar is just a kinda hurricane/ saturn thing. My old band used it as a logo, doesn't really mean anything.

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
Hey True_metal....you said trout. What part of the Country are u in. Just curious as I live in Indy but love to go trout fishing on the Cumberland River in Ky. But MDing has also kind of taken over. :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions