Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The team and I got out this past weekend for some Colonial digging. We hit a new field on Saturday and were eyeing old pottery and brick in the field, but no great signals. :dontknow: Kyle did get the best find of the day and it was on top of the ground. :laughing7: This site was weird. It should have produced some coppers and buttons. :dontknow: :icon_scratch:

On Sunday, we hit the same farm where I found the copper pipe in October. We hit a field that once had a dwelling. The site was definitely early by the amount of brick we were finding on top of the ground. There were a lot of foundation stones littered all over the field, but once again, very little good signals. There was a lot of iron though which could mean that the site was hunted. Heck, when the farmer tells us, "There used to be a home over in that field. We plowed up foundation stones," that could mean that he told others about it. :dontknow: :icon_scratch: :help: It was another perplexing site, but I did get a nice mid-reading on my machine and after digging up many brick pieces out of the hole, I found my most beautiful 18th century button. :icon_thumleft: Don in SJ and Steve in PA estimate it being from the 1790s. I would have to agree with them.

We will be seeking permission for a new site this weekend. We are definitely due for a bonanza. :hello2:

Keep the passion high!

Kirk :hello:

Attachments

• 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 964
  • 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 950
Upvote 0

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You see, I'd rather find this than a coin ANY day of the week. I'd be doing back flips if I found that!

:headbang:

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
i have to agree! one of the most gorgeous buttons i have seen! nice job! :thumbsup:

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a beauty Kirk!

Nice patina too! I love digging those unique colonial buttons. Seems like there's an endless variety as I routinely dig examples that I've never seen before. That would be a good topic for the Best Finds forum. Let everyone show off their best looking pre-1800 buttons.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The craftmanship these day's is not what it used to be ;D Nice dig Kirk :thumbsup:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That one will be toward the center of your button display :thumbsup:

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
You sour, sour Colonial punk. ;D My 1814 one real and Classic Head largie tops that dock worker button. ;D

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! I've never seen a button like that....thats beautiful.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kyle PA said:
You sour, sour Colonial punk. ;D My 1814 one real and Classic Head largie tops that dock worker button. ;D

Sibling rivalry.....gotta love it :tongue3: ::) ;D :icon_scratch: :help:

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH LOL I gotta move to PA. Do you need an old old brother. :laughing7:
Congrats on a great button.

Burdie

SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Kirk nice button! Those fields sound real good too. Maybe someone has been there before? Wait until they till again and giver a try. :icon_thumleft:

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
That's a great button.
Will we get to see it again after a full cleaning? I bet those leaves would pop right off it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread