Virgin Beach = Musket Balls,Silver Ring & Silver Coins, Silver Silverware, Ancho

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Virgin Beach = Musket Balls,Silver Ring & Silver Coins, Silver Silverware, Ancho

Picked up Dad this morning with no exact place to hunt.. Weather was warming up and the tide was falling.... On the way to no where..... I stumbled upon a small beach that looked as if it was probably worked hard. Got out of the truck and found a dime on top... great way to start off with out the detector...LOLOLWe ended up spending over 4 hours of solid digs. Thereare just too many to point out but this beach has been passed by many times. Sometimes the best plans are to have no plans at all... I ended up with 7 Silver dimes mostly Merc's.. 3 Musket Balls and a pistol shot. 1 Tomback Button either pewter, or Silver not sure, but the shank is still attached and she is in fantastic shape.2 Silver handles from either spoons or forks,Part of a pocket watch, over 40 Wheaties from 1909 to 1958... 12 quarters, 20 dimes, 18 nickels, A sterling Ring, ( NO STONE ) A silver Quarter 1934 P , A lead soldier, A Zippo Lighter that has an anchor on it, too cool.. & Dad and I got a chance to spend yet another day together, I can only guess as to what he found....

Attachments

• virgin Beach (12).JPG
    virgin Beach (12).JPG
    229.8 KB · Views: 793
  • virgin Beach (9).JPG
    virgin Beach (9).JPG
    180.9 KB · Views: 821
  • virgin Beach (13).JPG
    virgin Beach (13).JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 721
  • virgin Beach (10).JPG
    virgin Beach (10).JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 803
Upvote 0

mcmurphi

Feb 5, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX • Fisher CZ-21
Re: Virgin Beach = Musket Balls,Silver Ring & Silver Coins, Silver Silverware, Ancho

A great looking batch of loot there! That Buffalo doesn't look to bad after all these years. A lot WA beaches are not kind to nickels.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Re: Virgin Beach = Musket Balls,Silver Ring & Silver Coins, Silver Silverware, Ancho

wow that is alot of neat targets!! I'm wondering if the ring is silver??

traverdog

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Henderson, Nv
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Beach Surfer

A nice collection!!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

That's one heck of a haul! :notworthy:
I'd say that's 4 hours well spent! :icon_thumright:

Dave

BARGuy

Jan 9, 2007
Out & About
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di Pro SL

A good days work! :icon_thumleft:

ouachitacaveman

Mar 12, 2011
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very nice haul !!
That lead soldier is cool !!

:thumbsup: :headbang:

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star

Enjoy that weather while you clean up that loot from the beach. Thanks for showing us those great pictures.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010

Nice finds!!!

It is pretty easy to determine the date of a Zippo by the markings on the bottom of the case. Just use Google.

The Zippo has a lifetime guarantee, too.

Bugsterx2

Jan 29, 2011
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug

A very successful day of digging, but the BEST part is the time you and your Dad shared together!! Enjoy his company every chance you get!! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:

cntrydncr1 said:
wow that is alot of neat targets!! I'm wondering if the ring is silver??

cntrydncr1,
The ring is Sterling & missing the main stone. That is what they all look like after being in the saltwater for many years . Our silver coinage looks the same also. Salt does a number on them. Happy Hunting

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

Charlene said:
Enjoy that weather while you clean up that loot from the beach. Thanks for showing us those great pictures.

Charlene,
I can't wait to revisit this beach again, again, & again....LOLOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread