Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was a complete wash out, so I didn't have work. SO i figured it would be a great opportunity to try out my new Garret Pro Pointer. Most of the sites here in my neck of the woods still have waaaaay to much snow to detect. But fortunately I found a spot that hardly had any snow on the side of a hill. I"ve been here a few times and didn't do well at all due to all the big iron and tin scraps everywhere. Usually I lose ambition and move on...however today I stuck it out and BOY AM i GLAD I DID! The first 3 hours were pretty slow with only a few relics and a couple buttons....but the last hour was awesome! This site is definitely late 1700's but was lived in up until the early 1900's. Therefore, the amount of trash and junk targets are constantly pestering you. So Half Dollar signals are kind of a sure sign of large iron or something in that nature. But I followed my gut instinct and next to a rock I dug down 6 inches or so and in the plug it was plain as day, SILVER. I thought for sure it was gonna be a Barber or maybe even seated, but then I realized how ungodly huge it was. So I thought Morgan dollar or even Seated, I was wrong...8 REALE!!!!! I am still stunned. I never thought in a million years I'd dig a reale out of this site considering the amount junk I usually dig. I think before this the best targets were a couple colonial buttons and a 1902 Indian. I think I need to take a little more effort here, perhaps theres more amongst the modern junk. Thanks for lookin! :headbang:

Attachments

• 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 5,918
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    306.7 KB · Views: 5,999
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    310.1 KB · Views: 5,991
Upvote 0

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Holy crap!!!!! :o This is totally Colonial sweet! :headbang: Wow, and it is 1786 to boot. :headbang: You can end the year now. :headbang: :hello2: Welcome to the "Big 8" club, Sniffy! :notworthy: :headbang: Simply amazing! :icon_thumleft:

Kirk :hello:

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Outstanding!!!

I've never been fortunate enough to walk over one of those monsters. Great find!!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is awesome!!!I have dug an 8 Reales but it was a Bogata Colombia.I want one like yours!!

cgull

May 17, 2010
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, AT PRO, XLT and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
super find, that's almost enough to get me to relocate!

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
Shut the front door!!!!!!!
Simply amazing. Banner all the way!!!!!!!

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love it, love it, love it!!!! Banner all the way.

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one Sniffy! I too hope to pass my coil over one of those someday. :icon_thumleft: You got my vote. :thumbsup:

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
That's a beauty! Looks recently dropped...if 230 yrs counts as recent.
Love the heft of those. Also looks like there is an intentional 'X' mark on the obverse. Wonder how common that is.

Congrats....it's a rock!

oldgoat

Oct 21, 2008
Anything you found would have made me happy, but that silver is so nice....got my vote....goat

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow a super big 8 reale ! In great condition ! What a find ! I'll vote for it !! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Way to go Sniffy !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions