Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi everyone went to an old timber yard today and theres a miners cottage on the site too this site was owned by stewart maclure who was a timber merchant in 1873 -1930 he had a number of these timber yards in the area and supplyed timber to the mining companys and at the back of the block is an old miners cottage that was used up to the 1960s.lots of old 1960s newspapers inside and rubbish.someone bet me to the site and left a big mess.i known it was one of the local bottle collectors.got perm to m.d the site and helped the owner fill the holes and clean up.fold a piece of quartz saddler reef with a bit of gold in it, couple of coins,spoon and a german silver snuff box damaged by fire.i cound cry :'( i found this little white cermic man about 3 inches long and i have no idea on this one.the block is to be cleared soon and i will get another go at it after the earthmoving machine have scraped it clean.thanks for looking

tinpan

Attachments

• vz001.jpg
    vz001.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 386
  • vz004.jpg
    vz004.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 372
Upvote 0
OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pic of site

Attachments

• miner cottage 01.jpg
    miner cottage 01.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 381

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds and site TP! What are the dates of the coins? That piece of quartz looks like it has two nice little nuggets in it, congrats! HH, Mike

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the reply and the coins are one penny 1915 ozzie poor condition and a half crown 19!! in poor condition too and a 1968 20 cent piece just clad and the gold is just visable only the colour shows good and got the hit at about 4 inches on the minelab sd2100 with gold coil

tinpan

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Tinpan! Definitely looks like a great old site you have there. Keep us posted on what you find after they scrape it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread