3/22/2011 Finds...pocket watch, Hamilton Club tag/fob, wheatie

Indiana Digger

Oct 13, 2010
E.C. Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle II SL90
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unusual Day. While hunting a vacant lot, the neighbor said, "Hey, come over and see what you can find in my yard". After talking with him a bit, he said his son had a junior model detector. The boy went in and got it, so I spent a half hour showing him how to use it, targeting, digging plugs, etc. I spent another half hour with him - targeting spots with different VDI numbers, so he could see how his detector reacted to each target. After it seemed that he had the hang of it, I told him that I wasn't going to hunt his yard - he deserved to find and keep everything in his own yard. He was thrilled and his Dad was kind of dumbfounded, but understood what I was doing and why.
I was just about ready to get in my truck and HIS neighbor shouted for me to come over and hunt his yard, and the vacant lot beside his house, and the vacant lot BEHIND his house! Evidently, he saw me helping the neighbor's boy. (Detector Karma.) The old gent told me to keep what I found.

Here's what I found:

goldwatch.jpg
After cleaning of the calcifications and whipping out a magnet, I think this may be plated, at best. But, still cool.

hamiltonclub.jpg
The Hamilton Club #107 - watch fob? hotel key fob? Regardless, I really like this.

3222011finds.jpg
Other finds - 1945 Wheatie and a badass blade found near the surface?

An unusual day, but a good day!

HH,

~Indiana Digger~

Upvote 0

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Nice of you to help the young man, good karma attacts good things :-)

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I take blades like that and drill another hole near the back. then take dowell rod and epoxy 2 pins in to secure the blade, I use them for shop knives. nice finds and it was sure nice to help the young guy out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread