DSCN1810.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 1,510
Upvote 0

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hope it is real!!!! MR TUFF

F

Felinepeachy

I hope it's real too but be prepared for it to be slag, just in case :hello:

OP
OP
hellhoot

hellhoot

Jan 25, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster Pro
yeah i really dont know how to test it other then take it to maybe the jewlery store or pawn shop tommorow but i tested serveral different signals from similar metals that it could be and a 2oz lead sinker shows up as junk on my MD and i tested pewter as well as solder. they all show up in the junk/foil range and this chunk shows up as a 25 cent - 50 cent area on my MD wont know till i have it checked i guess. Thanks though just the same :)

F

Felinepeachy

If you want to test it now, take a piece of aluminum foil and spit on the item and rub it with the foil. If you can smell a stinky sulfur type smell then it is silver.

OP
OP
hellhoot

hellhoot

Jan 25, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster Pro
There is some black rock material stuck in the crevaces of the silver looking material that reminds me of flint is this typical in slag? i knocked out some of it with a small hammer but some of its still in there.

F

Felinepeachy

Well I don't really know but I imagine if melted metal landed on some kinds of rock it could stick and then later break off in the slag :dontknow:

OP
OP
hellhoot

hellhoot

Jan 25, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster Pro
No lol, I dont see a place in the profile thing that asks what state your from but im from southern Ohio along the Ohio river.

OP
OP
hellhoot

hellhoot

Jan 25, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster Pro
Wanted to give u guys an update! I had this chunk checked out and it is indeed native silver. An i noticed Mike steeleys silver arrowhead 1 oz piece from kentucky looks a whole lot like my nugget his even has a bit of the black flint chips in it still as does mine i only mention this cause im not sure of any ohio silver mines but i do live on the ohio river and it doesnt seem to hard to believe maybe an indian or something brought it back up my way? :dontknow: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
hellhoot

hellhoot

Jan 25, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster Pro
Heres a little better pic in better lighting

Attachments

• DSCN1826.JPG
    DSCN1826.JPG