Where to stay?!

B

beachy28920

My family and I have just come back from a fantastic trip in Hawaii. We are now trying to find a new destination for 2007 in the Caribbean. We have vacationed in St. John before. It will be me, my husband, and my 2 childrem, one is 10 the other 14. What we are really looking for is an island with beautiful beaches that you can swim, snorkel, and just have fun in, low crime rate, and great shopping. If anyone has a suggestion please say!

Thanks ;D

Upvote 0
B

BIG61AL

TRY ST THOMAS, AVOID JAMAICA - LOTS OF BAD WORD OF MOUTH ABOUT CRIME, ST CROIX LOOKS NICE BUT I WAS ONLY THERE FOR TWO HOURS FOR A REFUEL OF THE CRUISE SHIP. ALSO AVOID CUBA A CANADIAN CITIZAN SAID IT WAS NICE BUT THER WERE FOOD SHORTAGE OF BASIC STUFF LIKE EGGS AND THERE WAS POVERTY WHICH CAN MAKE A VACATION DEPRESSING.

AL

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I concur, St Thomas is great!! The water is beautiful and clear. I learned to snorkel there :). I loved the Regae Music!!!! The food is great!!

I did like Jamaica...been to Montego Bay, Kingsport (Kingsbay, can't remember the name) and Ocho Rios (my fav). Don't eat the burgers, it is not HAMBURGER...we were told GOAT MEAT...EWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! Actually, it tasted like rotten hamburger to me.

Freeport, Bahamas is really nice too. Great shopping and found the locals to be very friendly. We stayed at the Princess something hotel...really nice. Loved their swimming pool!!! Food was great too.

But, it's been since the mid to late 80's since I visited those places...I have nothing but great memories of my stay there.

Safe journey to you and yours!

relicreb

Jun 1, 2006
Tennessee
St Thomas is great. Aruba and Barbados are a little more laid back, with beautiful beaches and great swimming and snorlking.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread