Sometimes it only takes seconds to score silver!

djm of PA

Jun 11, 2010
Carsonville, PA
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac and White's Classic 4
Went up to have dinner with the inlaws today, had hunted their place with the old detector and found nothing but new clad. I turned the machine on, took one step off the porch and hit a high screamer. Six inches of plug later, a nice 1935 Merc was staring up at me! Detected a few more minutes and hit a 1946 wheat and a clad penny. Not bad for 10 minutes! Now I need to get back up there when I have a few hours!

Attachments

• 100_3425.jpg
    100_3425.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 877
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Buddy !

That Minelab is realy Helping you !

OP
OP
djm of PA

djm of PA

Jun 11, 2010
Carsonville, PA
Detector(s) used
Mike, it was like a light switch....one day i was cussing this machine, the next day I had a program loaded, it worked well and suddenly things are in fast forward! I'm looking forward to back tracking and hitting a few more spots that I "hunted out" with the old detector :wink:
Thanks again for all the help

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
djm of PA said:
Mike, it was like a light switch....one day i was cussing this machine, the next day I had a program loaded, it worked well and suddenly things are in fast forward! I'm looking forward to back tracking and hitting a few more spots that I "hunted out" with the old detector :wink:
Thanks again for all the help
Any Time Dennis.
You have indeed caught on fast. When I fist got my Etrac, I was amazed at how much I missed with my previous machine at previous spots. I'm glad your having fun.

Mike

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds!!! MINELAB#1 MR TUFF

ducktrapper

Nov 24, 2009
NW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202 with 10" coil, Garrett Pro-pointer.
Nice finds djm!

I'm where you are with your E-trac a short time ago. Just bought it last Saturday, found a couple spots where the frost was out (there aren't many of those here yet) of the ground and played with it in my coin garden. Right now I have more faith in my Bounty Hunter 202, but I know I'll get there! Hardest part now is we got another 10 inches of snow and below freezing again. Seems like it will be forever before I can get out there and start learning this thing!

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Congrats on getting the coil over that silver! Half the problem, I suspect, is finding the places old enough to ensure a probability of pulling silver. Indeed, not bad at all for 10 minutes!

OP
OP
djm of PA

djm of PA

Jun 11, 2010
Carsonville, PA
Detector(s) used
ducktrapper, sent you a PM.

Thanks....it does indeed look like a few more trips to the in-laws are in order :laughing7:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
The Etrac seems to sniff out those silver dimes. congrats on the quick hunt for silver.

DKinPA

Aug 21, 2005
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Minelab ETrac & Tesoro Silver UMax
Nice quick hunt Den!! Congrats on the Merc!

I think you have an alterior motive for not wanting me to come over to the dark side......LOL!!

Congrats again!

Dave

Tenspeed

Mar 22, 2009
York County, SC
Detector(s) used
Currently: Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Past: XP Deus, Xterra 70, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a nice first con of the day, and on the first swing too! E-Tracs are silver hounds!

Nate in Ga

Apr 2, 2009
usa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cant stop after ten mins of finding a merc not for the rain the wife the darkness nothing........... Dont know how you can walk away there lol hh nice finds :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread