4th of July finds- silver and a little gold (sorry for being late)

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everybody!

Sorry this is late...was real busy and without camera. Took a while to leave and didn't spend any time on Tnet...it also took a while to read all your fantastic post...great finds to all of you!

Well, i got up at the crack of 9 on the 4th and went to my old Jr. high. I wanted to get more 40's relics, but none were to be found. I did a grid on two side fields and hit it pretty big for a little used field. It was hot all day and i started bringing in the cash. Well- here are the finds

$9.16 in clad
two keys
two weird pendent-things
a possible gold gilded botton....looks military
a mini lock
2 boyscout neckerchief sidder
1964 Canadian
horseshoe token
earing
teddy bear glasses?
1983 dog tag
And the best of all- a sterling silver ring with independent heart pendent, has "R" on it

HH
-GC

Attachments

• IMG_3168.jpg
    IMG_3168.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_3169.jpg
    IMG_3169.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 354
Upvote 0

allsmith

Jun 1, 2006
north cental ohio
wow u got a lot of cool stuff there :o :o :o nice pendent ring!!! silver!!!! how long were u there?? i went to my old jr high school today,,got 5 dollars and 6 cents in 2 hrs, had to quit early my batteries were dying, but i got a fresh batch here, gonna put them in tonight and prolly hit the school again tomorrow,, congrats on your good day of huntin ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
goldencoin

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone...i was there from a bout 9 to dusk- about 12 hours, however i had to quite once in a while to getta drink of eat. I was surprised how much was there for a side field. I didn't finish and i got about 3-4 days worth of grid pattern left with the front field still left. I remember the faculty herding us onto the front field for fresh air during lunch. Also, the gym class would run the sidewalk around it, and i think the science class shot rockets on the same field. (also, we went to the field before lunch!.....also, it virgin land) However, the big drawback is the acre and a half area. The other field is for shotput and baseball. (their is another field in back that i might hit) The funny thing is that the spot fields in back are picked clean. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm finding stuff other MD'ers left!

HH
-GC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread