First Trip With MXT Pro...mixed bag

walleye22

Feb 10, 2004
NC Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites
It got just above 30 degrees today and i couldn't wait to try out my new MXT Pro. It's definitely going to take some learning to get used to. There were lots of coin signals that vanished upon scanning the ground again and some phantom holes I dug also. Some of the coin readings weren't that strong of coin readings, but I dug them anyway and found some coins. One in particular was the silver roosevelt that gave a penny/dime reading but the indicator only showed a quarter bar which from reading the instructions means that the detector was not so sure that it was a penny/dime. It was only 3 inches and sure enough it was a silver dime. Just going to take me some time to get used to I suppose. Anyway, not a bad day for first time with a new machine. I managed two silver, the roosevelt dime (1946) and a Mercury dime (1943) along with a dozen wheat pennies, and a handful of memorial cents and clad coinage. I also picked up a brass sleigh bell and someone's entire lost set of keys. It was a good opening day and I was glad to get out for a couple hours. I also dug a few dozen trash signals trying to get used to this new detector. Happy Hunting!

Attachments

• mxt first trip 001.jpg
    mxt first trip 001.jpg
    446.1 KB · Views: 335
Upvote 0

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
Great job!

Heck, some of my best coin finds read something besides coin.

The sound a target makes is more important to me, in my opinion.

Happy Hunting!

Sky Pilot

billpa

Sep 12, 2010
Out Diggin Silver
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO,DFX DX-1, CLASSIC 111, Garrett pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good hunt walleye,I,m with Sky Pilot, I go by the sound of the target
over then what the screen tells you. :thumbsup:

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
sweet finds for the first day with the MXT pro,
i picked up a lot of pulltabs the first few times out with my MXT pro
i found the 300 stock coil hard to pinpoint with at first and a bit heavy after a while of swinging
now, mostly dig low and high VDIs and solid sounding middle numbers
but its my back up now as i bought a V3i, and used it for the first time yesterday
and i was impressed, going to take awhile to learn but yesterday was great
silver ring, 38 buffalo, 53 rose, best part this feild has been hit hard over the years
Good luck and HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread