Black Onyx updated Aug 2

M

mchamby

Got invited to hunt a school where they had a forth of July Celebration. I don't very often get to hunt with someone so I jumped at the chance. It was a nice day, not to warm 75 and a nice breeze. I got a late start on the others by a half hour but made up for it in the long haul. I got all modern clad only a couple of quarters were surface finds everything else was 3 to 4 inches deep. I got 8 quarters, 13 dimes, 3 Nickels, 6 pennies, 2 silver beads that rang in as dimes. I also dug one clothes snap, 3 smashed soda cans, 2 pop tops, one gold hoop earring (electroplated), one kleat off soccer shoe and one very nice flattened black onyx and sterling silver ring. I like the ring and will try to find a silversmith to fix it for me. I was very lucky to find the ring, the others had decided to get out of the sun so I went to another ballfield but after 15 mins realized my Oxygen was almost out so I made a swing and started heading toward my car to get another tank. I got excited when it beeped I knew I had something silver, sure enough and it will look nice with my other silver and turquoise jewelry.
On the way home I notice a out of state car at a house I have had my eye on so I turned around and went back to see if they would let me come back some time and hunt, they said sure why not. Since it was a ways out of town for me I pressed my luck a little farther and asked if they needed to be there when I detected and they said come anytime. After a long conversation they are from North Carolina but went to High School in the area and the wife was in school with my mother. All together it was a great day, no complaints. HH
Mchamby

Attachments

• ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 611
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Black Onyx

Sounds Great Mchamby.

Nice amount of Finds & RING Too.

Congrats !

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

MC,

nice finds, congrat on the ring; hope you
can set it straight.

have a good un...........

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

real nice mchamby! onyx is my favorite.

Proolio

Sep 25, 2005
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

well thats a healthy pile of clad you got there. Nice ring to. Keep it up

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006

Congratulations a nice ring and a place to detect whenever you like. :)

OP
OP
M

mchamby

mchamby said:
Got invited to hunt a school where they had a forth of July Celebration. I don't very often get to hunt with someone so I jumped at the chance. It was a nice day, not to warm 75 and a nice breeze. I got a late start on the others by a half hour but made up for it in the long haul. I got all modern clad only a couple of quarters were surface finds everything else was 3 to 4 inches deep. I got 8 quarters, 13 dimes, 3 Nickels, 6 pennies, 2 silver beads that rang in as dimes. I also dug one clothes snap, 3 smashed soda cans, 2 pop tops, one gold hoop earring (electroplated), one kleat off soccer shoe and one very nice flattened black onyx and sterling silver ring. I like the ring and will try to find a silversmith to fix it for me. I was very lucky to find the ring, the others had decided to get out of the sun so I went to another ballfield but after 15 mins realized my Oxygen was almost out so I made a swing and started heading toward my car to get another tank. I got excited when it beeped I knew I had something silver, sure enough and it will look nice with my other silver and turquoise jewelry. HH
Mchamby
I took the ring to a Jewelers today and this is how it looks all fixed up. :D Thought you all might like to see it since it's too hot to detect right now. lower humidity is coming.
Mchamby

Attachments

• onyx.jpg
    onyx.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 355
  • onyx2.JPG
    onyx2.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 353

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Now that's a sweet ring, ready to wear now, congrats
on that and all your great digs! Keep em coming!

Smiles!
BDoo

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful Maria!!! And it looks like it fits perfectly!!! Good luck on your new site too!

Nana ;)

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent !!! Nice finds, and it will feel good when those temps start to drop a little! HH Seeker

B

BIG61AL

Holy smokes....I just found a ring that looks just like that, mine was way smashed though. Sweet1

Attachments

• 7.26.06 finds.jpg
    7.26.06 finds.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 266
  • 7.26.06 finds.jpg
    7.26.06 finds.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 266

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread