Along the lumber trail

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
I was finally able to find some bare unfrozen areas to detect among the snow and found a few items. Nothing that I haven't found before, but I will clean them up and put most on display. These were found along skid roads and log slides.

Attachments

• DSCF0570.JPG
    DSCF0570.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 637
  • DSCF0573.JPG
    DSCF0573.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 640
Upvote 0

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent pieces LC. :thumbsup:
Those should display nicely.
Congrats,
MM

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the Iron relics Lumber ! I was wondering when we were going to see a post from you this spring ! Whats up with that oxen shoe with the extra bend on the bottom ?? MaineRelic

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Logging paths are an excellent choice of sites to hunt along. Thanks for sharing and HH.

OP
OP
lumbercamp

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
MaineRelic said:
I like the Iron relics Lumber ! I was wondering when we were going to see a post from you this spring ! Whats up with that oxen shoe with the extra bend on the bottom ?? MaineRelic

This spring still has 8" of snow in it, which kept me from going out and which I was detecting through today and had a tremendously good find. I won't post til I borrow a digital camera later this week. I guessing that bend would be a corrective shoe much like horse shoes have corrective bars on them.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love seeing the logging relics you post. Nice ox shoes! (They're favorites of mine.)

Well done, my friend.

-Buckles

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Dad, when a young man, logged out of LaGrande, Oregon, up the Grand Ronde River.......
He has taken me up into the woods for a look-see at where he lived/worked.
Your finds bring back some good memories for me......and they tell part of our country's interesting past.
Good hunt. Looking forward to seeing your "special find." Any hints? :) Good hunting.

OP
OP
lumbercamp

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
Hikeinmts, my find was nothing I haven't posted before, but the weight is what made it (them) difficult to carry out. And, you've got to dig those areas your dad showed you and post the finds.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing the great relics you find, LC! I look forward to seeing this years collection pics....and of course we're waiting to see what that extra special find is! :icon_thumright:

Nana :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread