Trip to upstate newyork.

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Just got back from my trip to a family reunion is upstate newyork. Well, heres a long story short. Mom drove brother up in the BMW she left before us. Dad drove me and little sister up in our old suburban. Suburban broke down after first 5 hours of driving. (smoke was comming out of the back left tire and it was red hot!). We didnt think this was so good so we stopped at a gas station to rent a car or get ours fixed. 7:30 pm on a friday and no where was open. We stayed at the gas station for half an hour and the only way i stayed sane was by looking for coins on the ground. ;D Found in total 3 quarters, 2 dimes, a nickle, 4 pennies. $1.04 cents. I bought a snack at the same gas station with that money. lol. We took a cab to the closest hotel. (our destination was still 1.5 hours away!. Mom and granpa came by the hotel in the morning to pick us up. We all went to a garage to get the car fixed. The back axel was broken. They said it will take a week to fix and now my parents want to sell the car. :'( . We rode in granpas minivan to the reunion, on the way my dad started being a complete a--h--- to our mom. Saying he doesnt want to ever come to a reunion again. :'( . We got the reunion and i said hello and talked to everyone. I drank in total, a redbull, a sprite, a coke, an energy drink, another redbull, and some water. The food was great. His lawn was perfectly manicured, (i am not known for digging tiny little neat holes i just jab my shovel in there and tear up the grass). Anyways i could only detect along the driveway. Found 2 power lines, a pipe, some trash, and a clad dime. All the good stuff was in his back yard by the pool and deck and where everone always goes. Had fun anyways. Grandpa said next time we visit i could look through his huge jar of coins! Mom and Dad are friends again. We all drove back for a 6 hour drive in the BMW 3 series. All 5 of us and luggage. My ipod kept my sane. We got back at 1:30 and i was asleep by 2 in the morning. I just woke up at 11:00 today and had pancakes and bacon...mmmmm.... I get my first BOX of halves tommarow. All in all the dime i found and seeing all my relitives made the trip worth while. Oh yeah, forgot to mention i relative had a 1917 buffalo nickle, and an 1859 indian head cent he had found! I ran to get my red book to tell him the values. Hope everone had a great friday saturday and HH! ;D

-CC

Upvote 0

mlw67

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Sounds like you had quite an adventure!?

Power lines?!? :o

All that caffiene probably made you swing your coil too fast. ::) :D ;)

OP
OP
coolcash2004

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Lol. Did i mention that we got a speeding ticket on the ride home? I guese thats what happens when your going 75 in a 55 MPH zone! Lol

-CC ;D

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Good lord, you sure drank a lot of energy drinks and caffine but I'll bet you needed it. ;) I would have done the same thing you did looked for coins at the gas station. lol I also bought the red book and the blue book yesterday. I've wanted them for about a year,so I broke down and finally bought them. I know you can't wait to go back and look at the jar of coins. ;D Glad you had a good time at the reunion despite all the things that happened along the way.

GOOD LUCK tomorrow on the box of halves. I really hope you find some keepers! :)

OP
OP
coolcash2004

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Thanks. :D I still have the 2006 red book but i need to buy the 2007 version. I am going to use my mound of clad i have beeen saving up from MDing to buy it.

-CC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread