Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found my first good "red dirt" find today. We were over at my mother and father-in-laws house (old estate) and my 8 year old son and I were detecting around a huge old swing set and got a good solid coin beep on our Discovery 2000. I dug up a plug about 1'x1' and beeped again. I heard a more solid beep and dug around a little with a knife. Up popped a napkin ring with Vernon (a previous owners first name) engraved on it. I was stoked!! I will pop a picture on here tomorrow after I put new batteries in my camera. I just couldn't wait to mention it!!! Thanks for reading!

Upvote 0

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
First let me say Welcome to the forum! Second, congrats on the silver find! Anxious to see a pic of it tomorrow!! WTG!! ;) :D

HH 8) surfrat

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice...lots of history there

HH
-GC

OP
OP
Ramapirate

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't give up on the pics, my 8 year old was so proud of our find he took it to Cracker Barrel with him last night and handed it to mom on the way in. It's now in her pocketbook across Charlotte, N.C. from here. When she gets home tonight I'll shoot a picture of it, and also a chisel (it's a 7,000 square foot stone house, ergo the chisel) and what I think is a plow shear but my neighbor seems to think it is a lock hasp of some kind. We had a good time hunting this stuff, but next time I'm wearing Deep Woods Off, the skeeters and gnats were driving me and Ramapirate Jr nuts! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread