ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
info from rez (pic) creek "warroir"woman's choker-red stick "resistance tribes"

went to the local rez area --cherokee of georgia near st george , georgia * -- while there I showed several differant folks from various tribes --my "choker item" - there were many differant tribes of folks that were there "visiting" (for the local area cherokee spring "pow wow" event that is ocurring this weekend )--from them, I found out several differant things

#1 the color mixture of red & black beads with white "bone" hairpipe beads was normally reserved for "warrior" caste people in the creek nation -- of the "red stick" tribes of creeks -- they were the old school faction that fought andrew jackson and later moved into florida joining up with other tribes to form what later on became known as the "seminole" indain group --this group known as the "seminoles" were a group of white man take over "resistors" -- there was a civil war in the creek tribe in 1813 / 1814 -- between the fight the white man (red stick group ) and (old chiefs group ) with their go along and get along with the whites because its useless to fight them group.-- the seminole fought 3 wars against white govt forces and some seminoles say to this very day that while their tribe quit attacking "white settler" folks -- they as a tribe have never "formally" surrendered to the US govt offically.

#2 three stands normally were worn by woman - 4 by men

#3 although not common there were "female" warrior caste women --these types of "alpha" women often were married to high ranking men and were no one to mess with.

#4 thru my research --I found that the red glass beads (aka) cranberry beads -- were made in bohemia (germany) in about the - 1850 era -- up to about 1900

most of the folks think its from 160 to 110 years old --and a nice piece -- most likely a red stick faction creek / seminole tribe --"fiesty" female warroir caste choker item

they believe the "leather" tab and stopper parts are actually deer hide -- and they believe it is strung on deer sinew "string" -- and they think the "bone" hairpipes are either rabbit leg bone or turkey bone . (best guess)

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 557
Upvote 1

Tigger

Mar 6, 2011
N Central Fla
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: back from the rez creek "warroir" woman's choker- red stick "resistance tribes"

Wow! Thanks for sharing what you found out! What a great opportunity to get so much input at once. That is a very neat piece of history you've got there. :hello2:
Tigger

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: info from rez (pic) creek "warroir"woman's choker-red stick "resistance tribes"

Very cool !! :icon_thumleft: 8) :headbang:

Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D

ewcoinhunter

Mar 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-Trac and Sun-Ray Probe
Re: info from rez (pic) creek "warroir"woman's choker-red stick "resistance tribes"

Fantastic find! Congrats! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009

Very nice ivan! I like the history you found with it, thanks for sharing :icon_thumleft: It has a nice heft to it doesn't it?

eckstar

Nov 26, 2008

Thanks for sharing the info! Two pieces to add to the story-First, the bones in the choker are indeed rabbit. Rabbit and deer bones were the most commonly used in clothing and decoration for the eastern woodland tribes. Second, the red stick people got their name from the red sticks that the great warrior chief, Tecumseh, sent to all the tribes in the south in bundles to count the months until his "miracle" that would serve as a sign that he would be the one to unite all of the eastern woodland tribes. Each full moon, they were to remove one stick from the bundle, and when the last stick was gone, they were to watch the skies for a sign.

In his youth, Tecumseh befriended a white schoolteacher, who told him when the next total eclipse would take place. Tecumseh used that knowledge to convince the surrounding tribes that he could make the sun go dark on command. His little "magic trick" served as the catalyst to unite the tribes in war against the expanding white settlers.

Anyway, glad you got some background, and the choker is really cool.

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

so he used the "white knowledge" of astronomy & those packages of "red sticks" --to bamboozle the other indain tribes into thinking he was someone special to theit "new spiritial leader" --that and the huge 1811 earthquake that was seen aslo as a "sign" by most indain tribes that something "special" was due to occur soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread