Another hunt at the farm with the old saw mill site!

Seabiscuit

Jan 2, 2010
Detector(s) used
F-75, CZ-20, Troy Shadow
I had a chance to go back to the large farm with the old saw mill site yesterday. My buddy RTDE3 went with me and 2 other guys.
I had a good day the last time we hunted this land & I was really looking forward to going back. We walked around for the first part of the morning looking for the 2ND home site. We did find it after a few hours and started hunting right away. There was all kind of trash scattered around the yard & most of it was iron or tin. You had to work hard to find good signals in the middle of all that iron. But I had my F 75 tuned in right. I failed to find another cache like I did last trip but I still had a pretty good day.
My best find was a 1875 seated dime. I also found 3 pennies, half a locket, a square ring top with a fancy design, a star token, some flat buttons, a pretty salt shaker, 2 bottles and a small brass plug that says "Sampson Brass plugs. Pat date April 19 1898". I have no idea what this plug could be used for. And help out there?
I can't wait to go back to this place & find the 3rd home site the owner told us about!

Attachments

• All finds.jpg
    All finds.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 675
  • close of finds.jpg
    close of finds.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 716
  • dime 1875.jpg
    dime 1875.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 687
  • dime back.jpg
    dime back.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 675
  • ring top.jpg
    ring top.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 681
  • locket.jpg
    locket.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 675
  • star token.jpg
    star token.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 690
  • knife & spoon.jpg
    knife & spoon.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 657
  • knife & spoon close.jpg
    knife & spoon close.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 675
  • all bottles.jpg
    all bottles.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 645
  • Salt shaker.jpg
    Salt shaker.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 637
  • brass plug.jpg
    brass plug.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 845
Upvote 0

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dang Floyd, you are really smokin' with the F75. Love the dime and other finds. Show 'em how it's done this weekend Bud. Dman and I will be there with you in spirit since we couldn't attend so we are expecting you to dig a Banner find-LOL.WTG & HH, Quindy.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds Floyd! Way to go on that seated. :thumbsup:
I like those ornate pieces you dug too.
Can't wait for you to show me how to use this new Fisher F75. So far I've been using it to hang clothes on. :dontknow:
See ya soon. Looking forward to meeting you MD clowns. :icon_jokercolor:
-Dug-

OP
OP
Seabiscuit

Seabiscuit

Jan 2, 2010
Detector(s) used
F-75, CZ-20, Troy Shadow
Thanks for looking and for all the great comments. Us MD boys will be glad to have the chance to hunt with you guys and hang out for some fun. See you later this week!
Seabiscuit

Seabiscuit said:
I had a chance to go back to the large farm with the old saw mill site yesterday. My buddy RTDE3 went with me and 2 other guys.
I had a good day the last time we hunted this land & I was really looking forward to going back. We walked around for the first part of the morning looking for the 2ND home site. We did find it after a few hours and started hunting right away. There was all kind of trash scattered around the yard & most of it was iron or tin. You had to work hard to find good signals in the middle of all that iron. But I had my F 75 tuned in right. I failed to find another cache like I did last trip but I still had a pretty good day.
My best find was a 1875 seated dime. I also found 3 pennies, half a locket, a square ring top with a fancy design, a star token, some flat buttons, a pretty salt shaker, 2 bottles and a small brass plug that says "Sampson Brass plugs. Pat date April 19 1898". I have no idea what this plug could be used for. And help out there?
I can't wait to go back to this place & find the 3rd home site the owner told us about!

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds! Looks like you had a GOOD day.... Thanks for posting.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread