Picked over school playground produces tiny gold ring

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Since we drove so much yesterday we decided to get started a little later and hunt closer to home. We detected a few school yards. The second school yard was really picked over good I found only 1-dime and 3 pennies there but this tiny 10k gold ring came to light there also. It was one of 3 signals within 6 inches of eachother, the other 2 were tinfoil. Bobbie found little less than a dollar there also. We headed to another schoolyard now this one had a lot of clad in a small playarea, we picked close to 5 bucks in clad there as well as some junk jewelry. We ended up with bout $9.00 in clad after hitting couple more spots, as well as the customary junk charms
congrats to all that got out
hh
dave+bobbie

Attachments

• DSCF0882.JPG
    DSCF0882.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 439
Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great ring Dave!! :o Ya'll always have a great stuff to report!!! And I love seeing them! Thanks!

Nana ;)

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
You got the gold this time, congrats!
WTG you two, you always seem to come through!
You're an inspiration, thanks!

Smiles!
BDoo

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Congratulations on the GOLD! Do you mainly detect the woodchips at the playgrounds or do you spend an equal amount of time detecting the grassy areas?

OP
OP
dave-enc

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
thanks all, sherm is a little kids ring, I have a ring mandrel and it is a size 1, crazy but I have found a couple that were even smaller. Pennyworth, we hunt both however in the summer when our temps hit 90+ we generally avoid the grass areas saving those for the fall.
hh
dave+bobbie

M

mchamby

Nice childs ring you found and quite a chunk of change. HH ;)
Mchamby

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THE SHADOW SEE'S ALL.........

A

Aguila

Who says a place is hunted out? There is always something down there...way to go.

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am also from north carolina.......do you guys dig all signals, to get the amount of gold you do??? i usually just coin shoot play areas......guess i'm making a mistake

OP
OP
dave-enc

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
thanks all, yes dekalb the shadow sees all lol. mwsvector we dig just about all signals, I dig a few more than bobbie as I tend to run my discrimination lower by a number or so. It has been said here by others that is you want to find gold you have to dig the trash, this is true whether on the playground or on the beach.
hh
dave+bobbie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread